Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After my last thread im confident that the issues im having with how its driving is the pos rsa's. Getting tires within the next few weeks. Really I just want the size that will drive the best. Looks like its between 255-55-20, 265-50-20 and 275-45-20. Not going to stager or anything. Just know different sidewall heights can drive different, handle, be more comfortable... Advice is greatly appreciated!

·
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
yup a 265/50/20 Nitto 420 would be a great tire and ride

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD - 3SS TBSS
2,617 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can anyone post pics of their setup? Curious how much better looking the smaller sidewall is.

How are those tires? 105 seems too good. What's the catch?

Honestly only kind of fun driving I do is in a straight line. So for performance would a smaller sidewall even benefit me? Seems like just getting 255-55-20's for comfort is best. And friend gets 35% of Bridgestones.

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS AWD
31,502 Posts
Can anyone post pics of their setup? Curious how much better looking the smaller sidewall is.

How are those tires? 105 seems too good. What's the catch?

Honestly only kind of fun driving I do is in a straight line. So for performance would a smaller sidewall even benefit me? Seems like just getting 255-55-20's for comfort is best. And friend gets 35% of Bridgestones.
255/55 is too tall.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,655 Posts
No complaints with my 275/45s, just a little more grip, not quite a half inch shorter. My Yokohamas have been great, the RSAs were trash.

·
Premium Member
2007 Trailblazer SS
1,740 Posts
:iamwithstupid:

·
Call da amber lamps
TrailblazerSS
966 Posts
I love my 275/45 kumhos. Decent in the rain and good in dry conditions.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
155 Posts
I just put on a set of Cooper zeon a/s tires on...they are 265/50/20's...the performance seems the same acceleration wise as well as being a more comfortable tire. They are also highly rated for all season handling/performance...they are "Z" rated

·
Premium Member
07 TrailblazerSS Imp
9,386 Posts
The Aturros are great and the tallest 275/45's out on the market. Luv mine-great ride.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
238 Posts
RSA's ran me about 225 a pc. today..... Reading up on some tire threads i wish i woulda held out and went over my options but since my previous tires were basically slicks i had to pull the trigger on the RSA's

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
7,324 Posts
The Aturros are great and the tallest 275/45's out on the market. Luv mine-great ride.

how many miles would you expect to get outta these?

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS AWD
31,502 Posts
RSA's ran me about 225 a pc. today..... Reading up on some tire threads i wish i woulda held out and went over my options but since my previous tires were basically slicks i had to pull the trigger on the RSA's
That's a lot of money for crappy tires. I got BFGs for less then that.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts