Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Trailblazer SS
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want a decently quick DD and I want to know what supercharger kit to go with. mp112? tvs1900? tvs2300? my ss is stock at the moment im looking to get around 500awhp and have a nice reliable street machine

what route would you guys go?

thank you

·
Premium Member
6.2 silverao
2,942 Posts
Tvs2300 with a built trans and stall and you will be there.
Prepare for the guys to get mad at you for not searching though.

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
1900 with cam and meth

·
Registered
Trailblazer SS
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you for answering me... do you happen to know what other supporting mods I would need? and will the stock motor take the cfm the 2300 puts off? whats easier on the motor 1900 or 2300?

I tried to search but I couldn't find much

·
The Law
07 Trailblazer 3SS
310 Posts
Ive got a fever

·
Can you say 9's
AWD Trailblazer SS
2,066 Posts
The stock motor will work with the 2300. If you went with a 1900 you will want more down the line. So just buy the 2300 and be done. Plenty of room for more power later.

You really should start with some of the basic must do's to keep your truck alive before you worry about a S/C though.

Good luck with your decision.

Reactions: Rudders'SS

·
The Law
07 Trailblazer 3SS
310 Posts
Yea on a serious note i would be saving for tranny upgrades before FI. Similar situation to what I'm facing. No need to put all that money and work into it to watch the trans grenade. Im saving for the built 70 before considering those options. Just my 2 cents take it or leave it. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
07 TBSS AWD
2,178 Posts
I'll never understand why anyone would buy a 1900 unless they found a sick deal on a used one.

TVS2300, long tube headers, tune, built transmission and stall. You'll need to fix the oil starvation issue as well with a pickup tube relocate or Accusump.

·
Boost Addict...
Trailblazer SS
2,396 Posts

·
The Law
07 Trailblazer 3SS
310 Posts

·
Registered
Trailblazer SS
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks guys yeah I plan to do a trans rebuild and a stall then headers exhaust basic bolt ons
Then the sc

·
The Master Baiter
TrailblazerSS
5,414 Posts
1900 OR 2300. Id go with a 2300, more power on the same boost with lower IAT's vs the 1900. Plus you will have a lot more room to grow. Only $500 more in cost vs the 1900 also.

·
Registered
06 TrailblazerSS
184 Posts
I have a MP112 that I might be willing to part with, it never made into the truck since I got caught up in another project....

·
Registered
Trailblazer SS
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
mp112 would be hell on our stock motors right? I know they whine like a bitch which im ok with I actually like the loud whine, I just want something that will be powerful and will last a while... what all will come with the mp112? pm me tattoo

·
Premium Member
07 TrailblazerSS
1,563 Posts
I want a decently quick DD and I want to know what supercharger kit to go with. mp112? tvs1900? tvs2300? my ss is stock at the moment im looking to get around 500awhp and have a nice reliable street machine

what route would you guys go?

thank you
I would skip the MP112 personally and go right to a 2300.

Everyone always says, "oh I only want X amount of horsepower". And that might be okay...for now. But a year or two down the road, it almost never fails, you'll want more. It's a sickness for sure. I see it all the time because I do it daily - I'll have a guy come in, "Oh I just want a simple intake nothing more..." then all of a sudden a few months later its headers...then a cam...then a supercharger...lol.

If you're buying new the cost of the 2300 vs the 1900 is only $600 more so it is a no-brainer. Saves the hassle of trying to sell a 1900 later and finding a 2300 (esp since you'd only need the head unit and most people will be selling it as a complete kit).

With more displacement, the 2300 won't have to work as hard as the 1900 to make boost, and the less you are having to turn the blower generally the lower the IAT's will be, which will make for a more comfortable longer-living setup.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts