Registered
TrailblazerSS
451 Posts
18to 19k if your lucky

·
WANNABE SS OWNER
Trailblazer SS 2wd
16,025 Posts
Sell it. I bet they will offer 20k and you could probably sell it yourself for 25-27k. They might offer you a little more money if you are spending allot of money with them. Dealerships don't just like to break even, it's all about the benjamins:2cents::2cents:

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,590 Posts
18to 19k if your lucky
mines a 2006 with 60k LT and the dealership offered $18 for it.. his is 2008 with 17k and i would guess it would be around $21-24 depending on the dealership and what you buy etc.

i would put your truck up for sale for $26500 and i dont think you would have a problem getting that within a few weeks..(if time crunch)

the dealership would probably give you 21 and then sell it for $27-29..

BTW go to www.kbb.com and you can get the blue book estimate for trade in and prive seller values so you have something to compare the offer to:2cents:

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
451 Posts
in fact be SURE to tell us what they said.
kbb&NADA can't keep up with this fucked economy:2cents:

it's not that it's not worth it, it's just the economy.

·
Old but not Dead Yet!
TrailblazerSS
9,572 Posts
You almost always lose by trading. The way to tell is go get the Cash price on the vehicle you want and tell them you are Not trading. After that go and offer them a trade and you can tell they are getting your vehicle for thousands less than it is worth. You should sell it outright.

·
Willy M'Fn Wonka
07 Trailblazer SS
7,244 Posts
You almost always lose by trading. The way to tell is go get the Cash price on the vehicle you want and tell them you are Not trading. After that go and offer them a trade and you can tell they are getting your vehicle for thousands less than it is worth. You should sell it outright.
Loved when idiots would do that to me (us), when I worked at the dealership. I would stop them immediately and ask them to show me the cash. Of course they never could.... Once past putting them in thier place, we could continue.

As to the bait & switch, which is exactly what you proposed above.... it can work both ways. If people would quit being such fucktards and just tell the truth....buying a vehicle would be easier for everyone involved.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
451 Posts
that seems decent - slightly under nada average trade-in for your year & miles. didn't realize how much difference a year makes (mines an 07) and average trade would be 20,000 for your miles. so...my advice would be to sell or trade it this year!!!!!

·
Willy M'Fn Wonka
07 Trailblazer SS
7,244 Posts
Anthony... lots of things make a difference. Location is also a big factor, as is the current market saturation in that area.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
451 Posts
:dunno: what area?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
451 Posts
why does NADA have '06 at 1k less than '07 but 08' is approx 5k more :wtf: i mean shit...man

·
Willy M'Fn Wonka
07 Trailblazer SS
7,244 Posts
:dunno: what area?
I was speaking generally.... Los Angeles prices will be different than New York which is different than Houston, etc. And, they are all fluid prices. I.E. Today Houston may be 10% higher, next week Los Angeles may be 5% higher than the rest.

If there are 0 models in the area for sale, price goes up (wholesale & retail). If there are 22 for sale, the pricing goes down....

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
451 Posts
:coolthumb:

Mine's worth top dollar then! I've got the only one for sale within 300 miles!!! (Yet, still $5K less than if it were an '08 with the same miles IN THE SAME ZIP.)

·
moar cowbell
Trailblazer
6,426 Posts
Loved when idiots would do that to me (us), when I worked at the dealership. I would stop them immediately and ask them to show me the cash. Of course they never could.... Once past putting them in thier place, we could continue.

As to the bait & switch, which is exactly what you proposed above.... it can work both ways. If people would quit being such fucktards and just tell the truth....buying a vehicle would be easier for everyone involved.
So the sales people are always straight forward with their information?

lmfao

1 - 20 of 22 Posts