Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2008 Trailblazer SS
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a CAI, efans and a tune what would the next logical step be for a daily driver? A stall? trans cooler? underdrive pulley? trying to figure out the next way to add some power but not sure what should come next....

·
Premium Member
'06 AWD
5,094 Posts
Cooler before more power and especially a stall....my two cents

Ma'am have you ever seen a cat skeleton in a tree? Exactly it will come down.

·
Premium Member
2008 Trailblazer SS
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was thinking trans cooler first, then a stall....but i really dont know much about stalls, which one would be recommended for a DD??

·
Premium Member
'06 AWD
5,094 Posts
If you are on a budget circle d and 262 have some inexpensive verters that do a good job. But def get that cooler. I've never been a big fan of ud pulleys.
i was thinking trans cooler first, then a stall....but i really dont know much about stalls, which one would be recommended for a DD??

·
Premium Member
2008 Trailblazer SS
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
seems the trans cooler should be next...thats more of a preventitive meaure thing for the tranny tho right? not really gonna get any gains, per se, out of something like that

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,347 Posts
Get a cooler and vette servos to help with the life of trans, vette servos are only like $20.

·
Premium Member
2008 Trailblazer SS
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
but dont the servos make the shifts harder?? thought that may actually harm the tranny...

so what converter would go best with a pcmforless trans cooler?? (front mount or brake duct mount recommended??) 262 has something to go with this?

i assume the tune would need adjustment after these two...and since im 262uned it would prob work to get a verter from him

·
Premium Member
'06 AWD
5,094 Posts
You don't have to match a verter to a cooler. Vette servos stiffen shifts and won't do harm. The 3 4 billet servos in some peoples opinion have contributed to output shaft failure. I think Steve evil06ss had it happen. Pm Alvin 262 or circle d they will all hook ya up with parts and info.

·
Banned
Supercharged TBSS
1,940 Posts
joe this is what u do.. Do an UD pulley first then Stall and tranny cooler at the same time. get like a 2800 if ur dding i have a 3000 and its a lil much in my opp but i think a 2800 will be fine. now remeber when u get ur stall u will loose mpgs. but heres what id do

Headers
Cam
pull
stall + cooler
and u should be happy with what u got

·
Registered
07 TrailblazerSS
1,042 Posts
hey Joe for some fairly cheap insurance i would say do the tranny cooler next. Really no gains from it other than piece of mind knowing you're keeping her cooler.
I have the brake duct kit from Jetttstream on mine the install was a snap and it gets much cooler air being down there.
I myself have heard bad things about UD pulleys so i wouldn't do that personally. I wanna do a stall too, but aint got the balls to do it to a stock trans

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,347 Posts
but dont the servos make the shifts harder?? thought that may actually harm the tranny...

so what converter would go best with a pcmforless trans cooler?? (front mount or brake duct mount recommended??) 262 has something to go with this?

i assume the tune would need adjustment after these two...and since im 262uned it would prob work to get a verter from him
I went with the brake duct cooler, it seemed to make more sense, it won't block airflow to the radiator like the front mount would.

·
Premium Member
'06 AWD
5,094 Posts
Ud pulley money better spent elsewhere imho..plus lots of folks have had issues. Not a big gain either. That money could be spent on 1.8 rockers or towards cam and springs.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts