Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2006 AWD Black
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting kinda tired of it always popping up while driving. What parts are actually broken or missing etc?
Hopefully these pics will help.

Attachments

·
Registered
06'TrailblazerSS, 07'Z06,71'Stingray
362 Posts
2nd picture. The hole at the top has a piece of plastic that is plunger like. Unfortunately they won't sell you the lid. You need to buy the whole console
:(. I have the same issue. I didn't feel it was worth the money or the effort to replace.

·
Registered
2008 TrailblazerSS
1,088 Posts
I replaced just the lid a long while ago. I think this was the correct part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2008 TrailblazerSS
1,088 Posts
I think they have other colors available too. Just gotta search good.

·
Registered
06'TrailblazerSS, 07'Z06,71'Stingray
362 Posts
Wow Mike. Thanks for the info.Mine isn't that bad. Rarely pops up. $126 bucks is a lot
:oops:

·
Registered
2008 TrailblazerSS
1,088 Posts
Wow Mike. Thanks for the info.Mine isn't that bad. Rarely pops up. $126 bucks is a lot
:oops:
Yeah. I dont remember paying that much for it. I guess everything is expensive now.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
47 Posts
I looked on eBay and they had the covers for around $25-$30. Maybe I'm missing something. But the photo looks like what your looking for. Check it out.

·
Registered
2006 AWD Black
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Reactions: dfwwiz

·
Registered
2008 TrailblazerSS
1,088 Posts
I looked on eBay and they had the covers for around $25-$30. Maybe I'm missing something. But the photo looks like what your looking for. Check it out.
Those lids are leather wrapped or something. They are not what comes in an SS, at least mine wasn’t wrapped. I think these are for regular trailblazers and the other brand wannabes. I’m sure they will still fit but I like to keep oem.

·
Premium Member
07 TrailblazerSS Imp
9,440 Posts
Usually the peg from the lid/cover gets broken. Mine broke and I used Speedy Fix to bond it back on solid as a rock.

·
Premium Member
07 TrailblazerSS Imp
9,440 Posts
I see one from Aliexpress for $30.93 Canadian. I'm gunna risk buying one and report back.

Thats what you need right there. I had swapped out my synthetic cover for a real leather covering a few years back. My elbow had ripped the stock covering from leaning on it which led to finding out it was synthetic "leather" . Now I have real leather and its way more durable.

·
Registered
TB SS
42 Posts
You can use some two sided tape or similar peel and sticky and a couple rarely earthy magnets from harbor freight or similar. No more popping.

·
Registered
2007 TrailblazerSS
48 Posts
Yes I used to like to playing the drums along with the music on my center console and broke the plastic pin off on bottom of lid which locates lid and keeps it from moving so it stays locked. One guy trying to push a latch on ya for 20 bucks. Another guy expensive for 126. Yeah the parts are expensive. You can get the lid still maybe special order from chevy dealer part number for my leather black/ebony was 25998835 about 300 dollars, dont freak out. Ooooooh. Hey I wanted a new one with new leather top and padding. Could you find a lid at the junkyard? Isnt LKQ everywhere. Then maybe switch out the inner plate of the top armrest with a new locating pin. Or if your the kind of guy epoxy a piece of plastic rod straight thru the hole. Like I said I went new, up to you. But thats your problem that stupid locating pin broke off.

·
Registered
Trailblazer 3SS
31 Posts
Getting kinda tired of it always popping up while driving. What parts are actually broken or missing etc?
Hopefully these pics will help.
This same thing happened to mine a few years ago; I just got around to replacing it last month.
This is the one I purchased off Amazon and I think the quality is actually better than OEM..it fits snug now and doesn’t wiggle at all. I’ve had my 2007 TBSS since new and this replacement looks exactly like the original with it being leather wrapped.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
1,111 Posts
Happens all the time on mine, you can get a new plastic latch on rockauto for like $8 but to keep it closed I keep a mini Bic lighter under the handle. Never pops open anymore. 4 replacement latches later.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts