Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 3SS. I'm changing the cam. It has 67k on it. I want to use a good/better lifter. Which lifter would you recommend? It seems the more research you do the more confusing the choice becomes. GM part number would be appreciated. Thank you for your input.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
140 Posts
LS7 lifters get a bad reputation but Ive had the least problems with them: personal experience using them with stock cam, 224/228 114lsa, 228/232 111lsa, and 231/234 113lsa on a mix of stock block LS1 and LS2 motors. Most companies Ive talked to about (street) cams through recommended them as well. Theyre also the cheapest option.

I tried pricey Morel 5206/ 5274 link bar lifters when they were the craze, and after chasing all kinds of oiling issues and valvetrain noises it turned out those were the cause. Ive run 6504 morel drop-in lifters without issues. They appear similar to LS7 lifters with a little better finish and QC.

·
Premium Member
Sold
5,617 Posts
I used Johnson 2110 lifters in my recent LS builds. Nice pricing and fast shipping from LT1Z.

·
Premium Member
07 tbss awd
1,235 Posts
I’ve heard good things about the Johnson’s.

I’ve been running ls7 lifter for years without issue.

·
Premium Member
07 TrailblazerSS
1,549 Posts
LS7's are usually our go-to replacement lifter. As long as they are genuine and coming from GM they have been great for us in up to 700rwhp builds. However, they're pretty much unobtanium at the moment. I have been using COMP 850-16 (link) in their place in the majority of our heads/cam builds, and Johnson 2110 (link) for the higher horsepower, high boost, or racecar type builds.

·
Registered
2008 TrailblazerSS
207 Posts
I scored a smoking deal on Morel Link Bars for my build. One of the reasons my motor took a shit was the stock GM lifters collapsing and turning sideways. The reviews on these have been mixed but it seems like all the lifters have a 50/50 opinion. The one thing I learned from destroying the stock motor is once/ if you hear ticking, get it taken care of immediately as it’s a relatively easy fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts