Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys was wondering if anybody could help me out with my foglights . Apparently my tbss has aftermarket foglights by a company called blazer. When I bought the truck it had no bulbs in it and the standard 880 and 893 bulbs will not plug into the wires because the wire socket has the 9006 style plug. But I can't find a 9006 bulb that will fit in the actual light case because they are all headlight type and are too thick to fit in the light. They will plug in and work but are too big to fit into the lamps. I called the company and they said they don't make those anymore and they couldn't even recommend a replacement bulb. Maybe someone on here has the same type of foglights and van point me in the right direction. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2006 Red Jewel AWD
11,641 Posts
Try an H11 bulb, they are very close to a 9006...similar plug, but slightly different. If you maybe got some photos, that would help everyone help you better!

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

Thanks Steven ill try to get some pics later today. And btw the standard 880 893 bulbs will fit into the lamps they just won't plug to the wires because of the different socket. Hope that helps. Thanks

·
Premium Member
2006 Red Jewel AWD
11,641 Posts
Thanks Steven ill try to get some pics later today. And btw the standard 880 893 bulbs will fit into the lamps they just won't plug to the wires because of the different socket. Hope that helps. Thanks
The actual light housings you have in your truck are 893? Are these the "Blazer" lights? Maybe you just need to chop the 9006 harness out and go get an 893 pigtail and wire it in...

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes they are the blazer lights

Yeah Steven they are the blazer lights. And I thought about doing what you said which is prob what ill end up doing. I just figured some type of bulb would work otherwise I don't know why someone would do this to the truck

·
Premium Member
2006 Red Jewel AWD
11,641 Posts
Yeah Steven they are the blazer lights. And I thought about doing what you said which is prob what ill end up doing. I just figured some type of bulb would work otherwise I don't know why someone would do this to the truck
Maybe someone hacked together an HID kit with leftover parts and had to convert the factory wiring to 9006...anything is really possible, but that is beside the point! Just get a new pinout for 893 and get it done! :)

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah

Yeah that's probably the easiest thing. That's what I'm gonna do. Kinda what I figured all along just didn't know if there was a special bulb I didn't know about. Thanks for takin the time Steven.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts