Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is a shot in the dark but I can't for the life of me figure this issue out. I've gotten under the vehicle and see no leaks or anything that would indicate an issue, no burnt looking wire harnesses etc. However anytime i get the car upwards of 60 (Giving it some gas) I can smell something burning off. Idk if its cats or what, I am stock and running 7qts of oil, AWD if that makes a difference. Any ideas guys? I can't say for sure how to describe the smell whether its an oil smell or sulfer, all I know is it stinks and I'm paranoid... Any suggested areas to look at would be helpful. Thanks!

·
Registered
219 Posts
With a cold engine you can usually feel for manifold leaks. While on jackstands you can check the rest of the exhaust system too. Again check from a cold start so you can put your hands on joints and not worry about getting burned.

but since its only at speed, im stumped. Youre not loosing any fluids or coolant?

·
Registered
06 Silver stone 3SS
62 Posts
Look for broken bolts on the exhaust manifolds, I hand the same issue when you accelerate aggressively you can smell the exhaust inside the truck, normal driving never smelled anything and also never heard a exhaust leak. Replace broken bolts, new gm gaskets, and headers. No more issue.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
2 Posts
I know this is a shot in the dark but I can't for the life of me figure this issue out. I've gotten under the vehicle and see no leaks or anything that would indicate an issue, no burnt looking wire harnesses etc. However anytime i get the car upwards of 60 (Giving it some gas) I can smell something burning off. Idk if its cats or what, I am stock and running 7qts of oil, AWD if that makes a difference. Any ideas guys? I can't say for sure how to describe the smell whether its an oil smell or sulfer, all I know is it stinks and I'm paranoid... Any suggested areas to look at would be helpful. Thanks!
Check under the front wheel well and look to see if the rubber flap is flipped back and resting on your exhaust manifold. Happened to me and drove me nuts until I found what the burning smell was coming from.

·
Premium Member
Sold
5,954 Posts
You said sulfur smell and that leads me to catalytic converters

1 - 9 of 9 Posts