Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2007 TBSS 3SS
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what you guys have done to take care of the damn holes. Dont really want to put plugs in but if there is no other goo way.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,258 Posts
Motor city vinyl has vinyl that will cover them up nicely. That's what I did with mine. I'll post pics shortly...

·
Registered
2007 TBSS 3SS
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If i go to a body shop what should i be looking for?
Bondo? i think that would eventually crack wont it?

·
Premium Member
'06 TrailblazerSS
5,328 Posts
I used some automotive plugs I found at Lowes painted to match, until I had a body shop fill them in the right way.

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS AWD
3,858 Posts
Sucky situation but when I needed to replace my front bumper, I told the body shop not to drill any holes.

·
Premium Member
2006 Red Jewel AWD
11,641 Posts
I had the body shop fill and then repaint mine.
:iamwithstupid:

I used some automotive plugs I found at Lowes painted to match, until I had a body shop fill them in the right way.
:iamwithstupid:

How did the body shop fill them in? Did they use bondo?
Plastic filler material...I had to have mine replaced after I ran over Tony's truck during the "Popeye's Chicken Bitch" incident a few years back!

Sucky situation but when I needed to replace my front bumper, I told the body shop not to drill any holes.

They still had to spot fill and block sand the dimples before they primed and painted it, but this is the way to go...

·
Premium Member
07 TBSS 1SS AWD
17,281 Posts
if the truck is black... leave em drilled.. they are hardly noticeable...

and here in illinois its required to have one.

a member here took his off, and cleaned up the holes so they are barely noticeable... this way if he gets stopped for it... he can say it came off in the carwash and ordered one and is waiting to get the new one at the dealer .

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,258 Posts
and here in illinois its required to have one.

a member here took his off, and cleaned up the holes so they are barely noticeable... this way if he gets stopped for it... he can say it came off in the carwash and ordered one and is waiting to get the new one at the dealer .
Tried this... Still got a ticket.. Might just get the hideaway fronr plate bracket.

·
Registered
2007 TBSS 3SS
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Plastic filler material...I had to have mine replaced after I ran over Tony's truck during the "Popeye's Chicken Bitch" incident a few years back!

LMAO

I bought the hideaway license plate holder and will be here tomorrow.
What yall think maybe $100 to get it done is resonable?
Im very picky when it comes to things like that.

·
Premium Member
Bet you cant tell
6,481 Posts
$100 to plastic fill the holes and paint the bumper? hope he does good work

·
Registered
2007 TBSS 3SS
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
It's just a guess. Should I expect to pay more? I haven't been able to go and get estimates my scyatic nerve is killing me right now. FTL

1 - 20 of 30 Posts