Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

8221 - 8240 of 8246 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
89 Posts
After being down for way too long finally got mine back on the road with 2wd conversion! So happy, tomorrow it's off to the wash!!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2008 TBSS Red Jewel RWD
755 Posts
I went by to see the progress of the repair and it's still being worked on. They said it should be done by the end of the month. It really hurts seeing my baby like this.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
36 Posts
It's a nice day out here in Jersey for Feb. In the 50"s and sunny. Rain on the way for Tuesday and Weds. Drove it to the Deli to get paper. Got home and thought to myself. How happy it is that I sold my S-10 and bought one of these trucks.

·
Registered
06' Red Jewel 3SS,
307 Posts
Dang DJ!!! I missed the backstory, hope she’s (actually he being that you off-road that beast) gonna be ok.

I did this yesterday, 50s in Michigan is like summer!!! Had been doing a bunch of projects this winter and my poor baby got covered in garage dust.

All cleaned up

And my wife (who is amazing) got me a cover for my birthday so now she is sitting like this.

Safe and sound till April now.

Next is ARH long tubes with off road cats and a new tune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2008 TBSS Red Jewel RWD
755 Posts
It looks like a "Barn Find" in the first two pictures but, looks amazing now!!

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
31 Posts
Started it after not using it for the past month. Filled up the gas tank. Gave it a quick wash. Back to parking it for another month or so through the crappy Pittsburgh weather.

·
Registered
06' Red Jewel 3SS,
307 Posts
Started it after not using it for the past month. Filled up the gas tank. Gave it a quick wash. Back to parking it for another month or so through the crappy Pittsburgh weather.
Feels good to turn it over and go for a rip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Saab 9-7X
637 Posts
I had mine towed home last night. On the way to pick up my son from daycare, an idler pulley destroyed itself and took the belt with it I was using a combination of MTI Racing 8-rib conversion pulleys for a Camaro, Camaro factory accessories, and Whipple drive system. I was worried about this pulley from the beginning since it's spacers/bolts/bearings didn't quite match as well as I would like. I had seen fine metal particles all over the engine bay for the last few weeks and heard a very faint grinding. I couldn't easily see the source of the issue, and now I know why. Hopefully I can get a much better pulley in there and this is a simple fix... I'm glad that it gives me the chance to check how everything else is doing and it only happened a couple of miles from my house.

Tim

·
Registered
Saab 9-7X
637 Posts
And I'm back on the road again. Used a Lingenfelter 76mm idler pulley for a CTS-V. It worked perfectly on the Camaro accessory drive system. Used a new Continental belt. It's slightly shorter than the Dayco I had on there even though it's the same part number. Test drove earlier and it's back to 100%.

Tim

·
Registered
2008 TBSS Red Jewel RWD
755 Posts
Since I have some extra time I figured I would do some preventive maintenance on my new acquisition, a Red Jewel 2008 Trailblazer SS 3SS 2WD (Because I totalled my Black & White TBSS). I replaced the water pump, tensioner pulley, and idler pulley with ACDelco parts. I also replaced both belts, added a SLP 160° thermostat, red silicone DP Hoses, Mighty Mouse aluminum fan shroud with two 13 inch SPAL fans, and wrapped the cold air intake tube in carbon fiber vinyl. Time for another beer!!

8221 - 8240 of 8246 Posts