Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

8201 - 8220 of 8246 Posts

·
Registered
2008 TBSS Red Jewel RWD
755 Posts
But only an idiot would do something like that LOL You can't do that to a TBSS!! They were made to be driven on the street NOT off road!! LOL

Hilarious. I always wanted to take a TBSS, 6” lift with 35’s. I guess it might be possible

2008 TBSS Super Charged

·
Registered
'07 3SS 2WD
172 Posts
Probably get blasted for it, but...

Installed a magnet pistol mount on the right side of the console (if I'm in it, a pistol is too), and mount to hold my tablet for viewing HPT and Torque app while driving.

Pics will have to wait until tomorrow.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS 2006
55 Posts
Enlarged Oil Pan +3L. Hand Made. TBSS 2wd.

Hear more pictures

·
Premium Member
07 tbss awd
1,278 Posts
Installed a 102 mm Nick Williams throttle body.
What did you have on it before? Silver blade ls2 car tb?

Reason I ask is I am on the fence about having tony Mamo port my silver blade or switch to a 102mm NW boosted tb.

I’m not running a whipple2.9 like yours but it’s still a decent size tvs2300.

·
Registered
Saab 9-7X
637 Posts
What did you have on it before? Silver blade ls2 car tb?

Reason I ask is I am on the fence about having tony Mamo port my silver blade or switch to a 102mm NW boosted tb.

I’m not running a whipple2.9 like yours but it’s still a decent size tvs2300.
Silver blade car. I haven't re-programmed or started it yet. I'm waiting on some parts to finish re-installing my catch can. The very expensive silicone hoses I bought the first time wore through and leaked oil... Hopefully later today or tomorrow I'll be running again. The Camaro guys have seen big gains going 102mm on a Whipple. The Whipple is bored for a 112 mm TB, but I'm not sure I could fit one and clear the upper idler pulley- I'm within 1/16" now...

Tim

·
Registered
07 Trailblazer SS
90 Posts
Installed an Aeroforce interceptor gauge..

·
Registered
07 Trailblazer SS
90 Posts
Dropped it off Friday to have entire AC system replaced, also had a knock sensor go out, having both replaced, My Scott's CF Race hood should be shipped tomorrow... The TBSS seems to be getting all of the love lately, No love for my ZR1...

·
Registered
Saab 9-7X
637 Posts
Wow. It looks like after years of crappy acceleration from a stop, I think I finally fixed the issue. I've made a ton of changes in the tune, had multiple engines, multiple PCMs, and nothing made a difference until today. When I installed the NW102 throttle body, the bog when trying to accelerate from a stop got bad enough that it was dangerous. After quite a bit of logging and some searches online, I found the culprit.

Brake Torque Management...

This was causing the ignition timing to go completely negative. After maxing out the table and changing "Disable by TCS" to Enable, all of that 1st gear torque management appears to have disappeared. Hopefully that fixes it moving forward.

I had also previously changed Max Torque by Gear limits, but these didn't do anything.

Tim

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
1,071 Posts
Put my new much needed rear brakes on the other day and holy shit i found out why the right rear was bottoming out so often... WTF Damn North East salted down roads.

Sent from my boujea ass phone

·
Registered
2008 TBSS Red Jewel RWD
755 Posts
I've had the Matte White Plasti Dip on for a few years now and bought a partial roll of Vvivid Matte White vinyl last Black Friday and finally getting around to rewrapping it. The Gloss Black paint still looks good and is protected from any road debris.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2008 TBSS Red Jewel RWD
755 Posts
Put my new much needed rear brakes on the other day and holy shit i found out why the right rear was bottoming out so often... WTF Damn North East salted down roads.

Sent from my boujea ass phone
I don't think I have ever seen a
control arm rust so bad it separated. Time for an upgrade!!

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
18 Posts
I just got a much needed detail on my ride. I'm really happy with the outcome and I got a great deal. My neighbor has a mobile detailing business and he does excellent work.

8201 - 8220 of 8246 Posts