Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2wd, I was just curious what these rear ends could handle, and if they needed any upgrading? Im looking to go 1.5xx 60' and would like to be prepared.

·
Premium Member
04 NBSCC Silverado
1,334 Posts
It's not the rear you should be worried about. The time bomb in these trucks is definitely the tranny.I would say even so on a stock truck.

·
Registered
06 Trailblazer SS
502 Posts
Pretty sure he has the tranny well built if he is cutting a 1.5xx 60'

I'm not sure on your question though Ken, hopefully someone with the knowledge can chime in.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,293 Posts
Providing yours was built properly from the factory (there was a batch that sucked) the rear end is very strong. You just never hear about one grenading unless it was one of the defective ones that made noise people talk about on here.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Wow that's a bold statement to ask around some of these guys!!! :boff:
Haha that was a pun on homosexuals wasn't it?! Hahaahaha

Lol ;-)

And thanks for the info guys, the tranny will be getting built here down the road, debating on a full manual setup and transbrake...or just seeing about a really good build

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
14 bolt 9.5" it isn't going anywhere!!

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,350 Posts
The only thing I ever read was somebody who had bought a used truck from a guy who had a forged SC motor and had well over 500hp. But the truck had hundreds and hundreds of hard launch passes at the track so it was just worn out from racing wear and tear. Other than that I haven't heard anything from anybody else about axles/differential problems.

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
14 bolts, which is what we have, are nearly bulletproof until you hit some big numbers. These are actually the rear ends used in the 3/4 and 1 Ton HD trucks.
The 1 tons and 3/4 ton is a 10.5 gear

·
Whiskey Tango...
AWD TBSS
4,084 Posts
The ones that made noises were not breaking just making noises. It is a different 14 bolt than what is in my 1 ton that's an 11 or 11.5. Maybe its the same as a 1500HD?

·
Whiskey Tango...
AWD TBSS
4,084 Posts
Leftcoast was selling some upgraded axles a while back. These rears seem pretty tough Martin is the only person I ever heard of breaking one not sure what he broke though.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,681 Posts
Yea i agree your good man, i dont think ive heard of one breaking on here yet so thats a pretty good sign cause a lot of us beat these things i also agree tranny is the time bomb, and then the spinning a rod bearing because of shitty front pickup :fist:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.