Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my 06 SS & want to tune it up.
What all parts do I need?
Air Filter, Gas Filter & Plugs?

·
Premium Member
07 TrailblazerSS Imp
9,386 Posts
Maybe wires also depending on the miles. Maf spray cleaner for cleaning MAF sensor. Cleaner for throttlebody (unhook the plug before moving the blade inside).

·
Midgets with hammers
'06 TBSS AWD
15,999 Posts
There's no fuel filter to change. Also, if N/A throw some TR6 plugs. All depends on your mileage and when the last maint was done. 2wd? AWD? Diff fluids? T-case fluids, oil change?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There's no fuel filter to change. Also, if N/A throw some TR6 plugs. All depends on your mileage and when the last maint was done. 2wd? AWD? Diff fluids? T-case fluids, oil change?
It's an AWD.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help here guys.

·
Registered
'06 Black AWD TBSS
953 Posts
I think it would help if you posted your vehicle mileage and any maintenance you're aware of that was performed and when.

·
NE TBSS
TrailblazerSS
1,128 Posts
When I got mine with 45k on it here is what I did.

Full tranny fluid and filter change (Yes I used a machine). I Strongly suggest changing the pan to one with a drain plug. They're not that expensive.
Diff fluid, rearend fluid, and of course 7 quart oil change. I use the bigger PF63 AC Delco filter and Mobile 1 5w30. I got all my fluids expect the oil from the dealer. Most will say thats a waste of money but I felt better about it.
I change the plugs to NGK Iridium IX TR6IX Plugs as Jake mentioned and also went with MSD wires. Someone on the forums was selling a new set pretty cheap. So far so good. I thought about switching to the PCM wires and probably will when these are dead.

I also did what Kevin said and cleaned the MAF and throttlebody with the proper cleaners and put in a new air filter.

I've since then done a ton of other shit, but that was a good starting point.

·
Premium Member
07 TrailblazerSS
1,554 Posts
I just got my 06 SS & want to tune it up.
What all parts do I need?
Air Filter, Gas Filter & Plugs?
How many miles?

Air filter, plugs (I would use NGK TR6s) possibly plug wires depending on mileage. Also depending on mileage and condition - fluids like coolant, trans, rear end, transfer case, etc. Doesn't hurt to seafoam the top end while you're at it either.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It was a 1 owner garage kept. It has 149,000 miles on it with all the service records since it was bought. It was owned by an older retired couple.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
144 Posts
I bought mine with 89k (2008my) last year. Since then I have done 3 7 qt oil changes, coolant, af, rear diff 3 times (having issues, got it replaced under ex warrenty), trans drain and fill with new filter, and steering angle sensor. Before this years out looking to do all brakes and rotors, new bags, plugs, and wires

1 - 10 of 10 Posts