Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006 Red Jewel AWD
11,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And as everything was ready to rock, I put all new fuel in the tank and jumpered the 2nd Bosch pump to prime the system and set base fuel pressures...only to find on of the two single most expensive AN Fittings in my entire fuelsl system was pouring fuel out the swivel section...bad o-ring! Fuck me running! So as it was already 6PM, we decided to head to Summit and get the right parts and we will continue with the initial start-up sequence tomorrow after work! :(

I also found the battery I had in the truck prior, Optima Red, had seen a full drain and it wouldn't properly recover, so I returned it to Summit as well and got a new Interstate Megatron Plus...hopefully the magic will happen tomorrow!

·
Premium Member
07 TBSS imperialblue
1,554 Posts
i will cross my fingers for you lol hope it all works out tomorrow for you steve

·
Premium Member
2006 Red Jewel AWD
11,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We should be good to go! Thanks for the well wishes guys! I'll keep everyone updated!

·
The Lurker
TrailblazerSS 06
13,844 Posts
I was wondering why you never called! Well, there's always something, It will be running soon enough.............You're almost there!!

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
3,449 Posts
I'm sure u'll have an idle vid for us tomorrow :biggrin2:

·
Premium Member
2006 Red Jewel AWD
11,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Meh, it's all good, it was raining hardcore last night, so it may have been for the better so I didn't have to drive it and get it all dirty! :D

If this 2nd fitting leaks, I will have to change up how the return comes off the rail which means I need to order a few fittings...

·
Premium Member
2006 Red Jewel AWD
11,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
The fitting that leaked, which is the fitting mounted to the front of the fuel rails, is shown below...I had to use a tight fitting like this to clear the alternator. It works well and is the only "in-stock" solution to keep the rail/fitting off the alternator.

The driver side fitting was pouring fuel from the inner o-ring of the swivel portion of the -8AN o-ring side, not the hose end portion as my retarded arrows show below...The passenger side fitting was holding the pressure fine so far...

If the new fitting leaks, I am ordering these two fittings (x2 for both rails), they will effectively do the same thing, only they will keep the soft fuel line from attaching to the hose end in a vertical position and bending 90 degrees back to the FPR to the rear of the engine...I almost want to do this anyway!

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS AWD
3,858 Posts
definitely get some videos.

·
Premium Member
'06 AWD
5,094 Posts
:'(....look forward to tonights update.

Ma'am have you ever seen a cat skeleton in a tree? Exactly it will come down.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,185 Posts
Good luck SPANKY hope it runs like a raped ape!!! My brother is printing up some tee shirts to give away. Im gonna send you one that says "I TALK THE MOST SHIT CAUSE I DONT ANYTHING TO RACE" and you can mail it to JJ.

·
Premium Member
2006 Red Jewel AWD
11,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Joe has shown me some XRP fittings that are tight and full flow...
I am looking through their catalog...many good finds! Thanks! I may call them up and see whats up!

Good luck SPANKY hope it runs like a raped ape!!! My brother is printing up some tee shirts to give away. Im gonna send you one that says "I TALK THE MOST SHIT CAUSE I DONT ANYTHING TO RACE" and you can mail it to JJ.
Get it done! Have a photo of JJ riding a huge rocket sized dildo because that's all he really has to race...

1 - 20 of 116 Posts