Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2008 AWD 3SS
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the cover on the the power window thingy has been loose so I made one of my service guys take it and fix it. He just came up to my desk and told me that my truck has a lower end knock and he cant believe I cant hear it. Well I didnt. So he said drive it and I might end up getting a new engine out of the deal. Good thing I didnt have it tuned!

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
1,028 Posts
Again, the same old story. I dont know I would buy another used TBSS if I knew then what I know now..

·
Registered
2008 AWD 3SS
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My 2006 Trailblazer LT had 160,000 miles on it. Ran perfect and only problem I ever had was the gas gauge going out. With this having 37k miles it might just be enough to piss me off.

·
Willy M'Fn Wonka
07 Trailblazer SS
7,244 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
1,028 Posts
If it was cold maybe it was piston slap, let us know if it goes away when it warms up..

What I meant by same old story is that people keep buying them used and the motor blowing because the previous owner beat the piss out of it and traded it in..

·
Registered
2008 AWD 3SS
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If it was cold maybe it was piston slap, let us know if it goes away when it warms up..

What I meant by same old story is that people keep buying them used and the motor blowing because the previous owner beat the piss out of it and traded it in..
Well the one thing that I know is that it is completely stock, no tune, etc and that an older guy had it. They traded it in on a new 2010 Cadillac SRX. Big change in vehicles there lol

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
510 Posts
Well hopefully you'll get a new engine out of the deal. The oil pan design in these tbss are terrible (can cause lack of lubrication) and might be the root cause of your bottom end knock.

·
Premium Member
2008 TrailblazerSS
1,496 Posts
Well the one thing that I know is that it is completely stock, no tune, etc and that an older guy had it. They traded it in on a new 2010 Cadillac SRX. Big change in vehicles there lol
To funny, I was told the same thing by the salesman....... older guy traded in for Cadillac. Well, I have navigation on mine and hit the home button and bingo address stored from previous owner. Looked up address on internet and guys name pops up, name also matached a receipt in the glove box. I gave the guy a call explaining who I was and after talking for a little bit, come to find out he is not an old guy and didn't trade in for a Cadillac. Gotta love salesman, they will tell you what they want to hear.

·
Registered
2008 AWD 3SS
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
To funny, I was told the same thing by the salesman....... older guy traded in for Cadillac. Well, I have navigation on mine and hit the home button and bingo address stored from previous owner. Looked up address on internet and guys name pops up, name also matached a receipt in the glove box. I gave the guy a call explaining who I was and after talking for a little bit, come to find out he is not an old guy and didn't trade in for a Cadillac. Gotta love salesman, they will tell you what they want to hear.
Well here is the good news... I looked it up myself. :) I have the records available to me. So I know he really did by an SRX. It was a crystal red one to be exact. The way our stock numbers run if it is a trade in it just has an "A" after the new car stock number. (example: D0247 was his stock# and my stock # was D0247A) Makes it easy to find out what the purchased vehicle was. One good thing about buying stuff from where I work. I knew what we had in the thing and everything. Woot woot for desk jobs lol

·
Registered
2008 AWD 3SS
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I actually emailed the guy that had mine today... Awaiting his response.

·
Premium Member
'08 SRX V-6 AWD
2,767 Posts
:rofl:
Not laughing at your dilemma. Just laughing about it being stock becausean "older guy" had owned it.
(never trust an old guy, if you don't believe me, just ask around)
:D

·
Registered
2008 AWD 3SS
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lol well i know that... This is coming from a girl whos dad is 65 and wants to give me ideas on what to do with mine... So lets put it this way... It came from someone who took VERY good care of it.

·
Willy M'Fn Wonka
07 Trailblazer SS
7,244 Posts

·
Registered
'06 Black AWD TBSS
953 Posts
If it was cold maybe it was piston slap, let us know if it goes away when it warms up...
So is the knock constant of does it come and go?
Sorry to jack your thread but...

I have this "piston slap" you speak of, and it does go away somewhat after vehicle warms up. I swear I still hear it slightly though, but that may just be in my head.

Crappy thing is the dealer I take my vehicle to for service is about 15-18 miles away and by the time I get there it's already warmed up and not as noticable.

What can be done about this and will dealerships do anything about it?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
449 Posts
LMAO! Old guys buying Caddy's must be the sales pitch for used SS's! I bought mine used and the sales guy gave me that same line. I joined this site the same night and by the next day I had met the former owner, as he is a member of this site. I'm not sure if he's old or not, but I know that he traded the SS in for a Camero!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts