Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Hoonigan
07 3SS AWD
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i went into work this morning (large solar and wind energy company) and went to clock in and my boss says "Hey don't bother, the owner was in Friday afternoon and said to let you go this morning." so i asked him why and he said he wasn't sure of circumstances and that was all he was told was to let me go. So i packed up my tools and went on my way. I had been working there since January ( a month before new owners bought the company) and was the only one who lasted that long everybody else was fired as soon as the buy took place, so i figure i was just the guy to get people trained before they let me go. But now i am back out into the job search and i am hoping i can find something soon(if anybody local knows of anything let me know). My dad owns a steel fabrication company so i may have to resort to going back to that for now because at least its a job. But i just needed to vent a little bit as i am still pretty pissed off that i wasn't given a reason and wasn't expecting it at all seeing as i just got a raise 2 weeks ago.

·
Registered
2008 AWD 3SS
947 Posts
Unemployment... Till ya find something else! G/L with the job hunt

·
Hoonigan
07 3SS AWD
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unemployment... Till ya find something else! G/L with the job hunt

I refuse to get on unemployment i don't have a family to support( 21 years old and single) and i feel that's what unemployment should go to. I am just going to try every place i can including fast food and if nothing happens ill work for my dad until something i enjoy does come up. I really want to find a job at a detail shop or something along those lines but that area seems to be slow for the time being especially with colorado winter coming up

·
Test tha rest, not Tha SS
TrailblazerSS
1,113 Posts
Damn dude, sorry to hear about the job loss. Good thing is, at least you have something to fall back on (your dad's company). Alot of people don't have that, so you're blessed. The job market is str8 scary; people get jobs & hold onto them for dear life. Good luck with your search; if it means anything to ya, at age 21, the panic button need not be pressed just yet--I can't tell you how many jobs I've been asked to leave during my twenties. Good thing its just you right now, imagine if you had a wife & kids to feed:doh:...keep your head up & keep looking; something will materialize....

·
Premium Member
07,09 -3SS- Blk,Slv
5,400 Posts
Sorry to hear about you being canned. Hopefully you'll find something else quickly. And like the others have said, having your Dad's place to fall back on is a blessing. Good luck.

·
Hoonigan
07 3SS AWD
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Damn dude, sorry to hear about the job loss. Good thing is, at least you have something to fall back on (your dad's company). Alot of people don't have that, so you're blessed. The job market is str8 scary; people get jobs & hold onto them for dear life. Good luck with your search; if it means anything to ya, at age 21, the panic button need not be pressed just yet--I can't tell you how many jobs I've been asked to leave during my twenties. Good thing its just you right now, imagine if you had a wife & kids to feed:doh:...keep your head up & keep looking; something will materialize....
Thanks for the advise, i am kinda pushing the panic button but i read things like this and it makes me realize that i am still doing ok and shit could be a lot worse.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS 2008
821 Posts
I like the attitude about getting back into work, even if its not what you are looking into for a career. A lot of places trash resumes that show that you are not employed, so getting into another job without time loss is a great indicator of character and will to work. You are on the right track, just gotta find a company that you mesh with. Good luck, it sounds like you were in a weird environment that would not have lasted long anyway and it could be a good thing it happened when it did.

·
Registered
2008 AWD 3SS
947 Posts
I refuse to get on unemployment i don't have a family to support( 21 years old and single) and i feel that's what unemployment should go to. I am just going to try every place i can including fast food and if nothing happens ill work for my dad until something i enjoy does come up. I really want to find a job at a detail shop or something along those lines but that area seems to be slow for the time being especially with colorado winter coming up
That is very true... My case would be a little different since I have a 10 year old son.

·
Registered
141 Posts

1st let me say I admire your work ethic and sense of pride about the unemployment spending, but it is your tax dollars that support the program.
If you qualify then why not use it until you find something else?
Not saying abuse the program but if you qualify, then you qualify.

You don't make the rules, only abide by them.

·
Willy M'Fn Wonka
07 Trailblazer SS
7,244 Posts
While this is "noble," remember this...by you going on unemployment, it WILL raise the unemployment insurance cost for that particular company. Will you, as one person, make a difference to them, probably not. However, the more it goes up..the less likely they will be to keep firing people (for no good reason) in the future. Just a thought...

·
MILFs dont drive minivans
07 TrailblazerSS
6,884 Posts
Wow, sorry to hear about the loss! I lost my job over some BS last November (It will officially be a year 11/11) and the search has been horrible... luckily my old job at the eye clinic recently asked me to come back part time, but I'm still waiting for that to happen... We're waiting on my original replacement from when I left to find a new job. Its kind of a confusing story... but unemployment has been a blessing for me. It's still stressful not working, but it pays my bills and puts food on the table for my family and lessens some of my husbands financial stresses.
Good luck in your search, keep your head up.. something will pop up for ya.

·
Hoonigan
07 3SS AWD
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Maybe you can go work for Adam's and stock shit at the warehouse. :dunno: I know they get a lot of business.
That would be almost a dream job for me, even if it did pay a lot at least it would be something i enjoyed like i have said a successful man is someone who wakes up in the morning, goes to sleep at night, and does whatever makes him happy in between.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,479 Posts
go sell cars...im 21 to and two years ago i figured id walk in and try get a sales position at a chevy dealership and got hired...as long as u got a good head on you they will hire you because turnover ratio is terible in car business...awesome experience...plus the money is good for someone our age...bought my ss with the money..

·
Registered
06 Trailblazer SS
502 Posts
I know that the company I work for is building a large complex in Lewisville here shortly if not already. May try to get in on working with that?

·
Registered
n/a
886 Posts
I wouldn't be nice to that company that let you go by not filing for unemployment. I am not sure how SUI works in your state, but from my experience your employer contributes some and the state (and your taxes) contributes to the fund. By filing for unemployment (hopefully) the claim gets recorded against the company that let you go, and you get some money to tie you over until your next job. Its up to you, but when I was bouncing from jobs my greatest satisfaction from losing a shit job was sticking it to the company by filing for unemployment(Shit.......I even walked off of a shitter job when they threatened to fire me..........and still collected...fuck all that!!!), and getting in some choice words on my application.

Good luck.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts