Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, anyone had a water pump go out on them? Just hit 40k today, and the past few times ive cranked up the truck after it sitting for a few days, I have had a nice squeel for about 1 minute, then it goes away. So, im thinking its the water pump or idle pulley. any input is helpful.

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
If your belt is squealing I would oil it, that is what I do when my brakes squeal.

·
Premium Member
'08 TBSS 2wd
1,496 Posts
If your belt is squealing I would oil it, that is what I do when my brakes squeal.
Please tell me thats a joke.

My water pump went bad at 40k. And yes, the belt would squeal in the morning, due to coolant being on it. Eventually got bad enough that it was slinging coolant all over the front of the engine. You could also easily smell that it was leaking.

·
Registered
06 CLS MB, 07 SS,
784 Posts
07 with 22K and had to replace the water pump. Started it up one morning and heard the squeal and back out and noticed a small amount of anti freeze on the garage floor. Replaced it the next day. Still under warranty but chose to fix it myself.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,141 Posts
I had one go bad at 65k, i could definitely smell the coolant, and the reservoir was empty. It was under warranty through the additional 5yr 100k warranty the original owner bought. It did squeak when cold too.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i do smell coolant, not terribly strong, but its there. Ive looked but have never been able to find any leaking

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.