Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having a problem with my front washer pump. I checked fuse #9 and it is good, and I swapped out the relay so I assume that it is also good. I have two pumps at the front of the washer tank. I tried a test light on the red wire on one, and the green wire on the other, and neither lit up when a helper operated the switch.
I do not know which pump is the front or the rear, and the rear is working correctly.
I do not want to take the truck in and get screwed if there is an easy fix for this.
Can someone tell me which pump is for the windshield, is it the one closet to the engine, or closest to the passenger side fender?
I tried to remove the pump to test it, but then my tank begin to siphon all over the floor. I do not hear any noise when trying to operate the washer at the switch.
Please help, thank you.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
64 Posts
I'm having the very same issue. I think I marked them when I was trying to get the front washer to work/spray. However, I didn't get around to ruling out the stalk switch attached to the steering wheel. When I go out to the garage i will let you know which is the front pump.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
231 Posts
Follow the rubber hose that comes out of them. One goes to your sprayers in your cowl….the other goes to the rear.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm having the very same issue. I think I marked them when I was trying to get the front washer to work/spray. However, I didn't get around to ruling out the stalk switch attached to the steering wheel. When I go out to the garage i will let you know which is the front pump.
Thank you, it will make my diagnosis a little easier

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
270 Posts
Quick way to tell is if u know the rear one works then have someone push the button when u put ur hand on the pumps u should be able to feel which one is working.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
64 Posts
Thank you, it will make my diagnosis a little easier
Sorry for the delay! On my TBSS, it is the pump furthest from the passenger side fender wall. Let me know if you get you yours working. Just don't have the time right now to get it figured out.

Pete

·
Premium Member
07 TrailblazerSS Imp
9,448 Posts
Brandon Barlow from Atlanta is a very good analyzer on trouble shooting these GMT360s. He may be able to shed some light. He is not on here unfortunately but has the video channel called Rev Hard Garage and is on most all the face book TBSS groups. If the motors are working you may need to blow the hose with compressed air FROM windshield side.
Mine got plugged awhile back and that opened them back up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts