Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

Wanting to get started with a TBSS

3K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  Duckbutter 
#1 ·
My name is Ryan I am very very interested in a trailblazer SS looking for a 06 to 07 (white) Was wondering maybe the pros and cons of owning a trailblazer SS. I have a 99 Ford lightning I’m possibly thinking of trading or selling to get one. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Sorry if this post is in the wrong spot.

#9 ·
Maybe I was in the right place at the right time, but I only paid $9k for mine. Bone stock, dealer maintained, one~ish owner.

• Wow
Reactions: White Hot FLSS
#7 ·
We’ll if you truly wanna get started with a tbss. Make it a project if your budget is in the 12 to 13 range. I have a rare color one with new trans flawless interior and clean title. Needs motor. LS2 6.0 is still in it. 4k. Then you got 7 to 8k left to do motor swap or short block rebuild. Think about it

#13 ·
When you can follow the meticulous maintenance at the same dealer from day it was purchased to shortly before you buy it. Actual miles doesn't really mean too much. It took me a year to find a red 3SS, I didn't really care knowing it wasn't going to stay stock.

#15 ·
There are plenty of sub $15k units out there and many in the sub 12k range that aren’t rollers. Yes they are over 100-150-175k+ range in miles but what did you expect? Facebook book tbss pages are where you find them, almost weekly.

Often they are clapped out, may have rust, bad trans or bad/worn suspension. It’ll be a project to make road worthy and reliable. There are obvious states to not buy from like rust belt, Chicago etc

There is also an issue of no longer made parts that are hard to come by or expensive to source. So keep that in mind.

#17 ·
I'm in Az, and my SS spent it's whole life here. So, zero rust. Surprisingly, the paint only had two small spots that the clear was peeling. I've since had the whole thing repainted. In addition to all that's in my sig line, trans is the only thing left.

Reactions: White Hot FLSS
#16 ·
Bought mine 2 months ago. 99k on it for 19.9k.

Had work done on the motor but really didn't care about upkeep on paint or interior.

Multiple check codes (steering position center and TBMS (someone went into a sum menu and turned it off).

Runs great now and a 2018 Mustang at 55 couldn't pull on me

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.