Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

Wanting a little more Hp

1K views 17 replies 15 participants last post by  WongBob 
#1 ·
Im new to the forum i have had my tbss for about 2 years now it is an 07 i put kooks catless long tubes and corsa catback and k&n cold air intake. I have had it dynoed at 389hp. I am thinking about getting with lingenfelter and having them install the magnuson tvs 1900 package kit hopefully get me over 500hp and i think i will be happy. Does anyone have any other suggestions to make this still a fun daily driver for when i get back from iraq? thanks in advance

#9 ·
I am sure he has a tune. Headers, catback and K&N are not going to gain crap. Those dyno numbers are very good.

The K&N is fine in my opinion as long as you are not using the K&N open airbox. They actually flow pretty decent but wouldnt have initially spent the money on one when you could buy a vector,ADM, pcmforless,IEATSRT8, Jettstream, etc for similar money (or less).

#17 ·
You need a built trans if you get a 1900! Ya ya ya you have a guy that will say "I'm on a 1900 with stock trans" screw that it will go so fast. Go with a trans cooler, built trans and a 1900

#12 ·
Cooler will lengthen the life of the trans. Wouldn't say it won't or will break. There are peeps here that run Maggie's maybe 6..8#'s on stock trans with big miles and have had no issue. My opinion is this you need to do the reinforcing mods before big HP mods...ie; fbodies with high HP motors blowing stock rear ends. Why go down that road of headaches.

#13 ·
There are members on here selling their Maggie's. Bullnettles is selling his 112 & 8-rib setup for about half the cost of a new 1900, 6-Rib setup. That will give you 8# of boost.

#16 ·
Welcome and sounds like you know what you want. You will get plenty of good advice on this site.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.