Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
High and Tight!!!
TrailblazerSS
2,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I know a few of you have gone with the VRX3 cam. I am going to put one in mine becuase I have it laying around. Do any of you have dyno results or before/after timeslips? I have a good idea of how much it will help, but I wanted to get some numbers! :burp:

·
High and Tight!!!
TrailblazerSS
2,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok I know a few of you have gone with the VRX3 cam. I am going to put one in mine becuase I have it laying around. Do any of you have dyno results or before/after timeslips? I have a good idea of how much it will help, but I wanted to get some numbers! :burp:

For those that dont know the VRX3 is a Vengeance Racing cam. 226/228, .585/.588 on a 114lsa

also im drunk so that wasnt supposed to be a quote... meant to click edit lol

·
Premium Member
08 Black Granite
4,004 Posts
No new times/numbers yet for ya. Trans goes In tomorrow morning. Then I'll be ready for some playing around.

·
High and Tight!!!
TrailblazerSS
2,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cant wait. I have had this cam setup for about a year just chillin. Gonna put it in soon and do some more tinkering. Make sure to post up as soon as you can. Im sure you will love it. :coolthumb:

·
Premium Member
08 Black Granite
4,004 Posts
I like the cam so far. Some heads would deff. compliment it a little better. But I've been really really driving it easy with a trans. slipping at even half throttle under a load or getting on the highway.

It feels great and I'm pretty pleased. This one works well with the cubes i'm working with right now.

Just dont forget to pick up a new cam gear and tensioner. As your going from a single bolt to a 3-bolt setup now.

·
High and Tight!!!
TrailblazerSS
2,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have an 06. Also I have a spare LQ4 just incase i need anything lol.

·
High and Tight!!!
TrailblazerSS
2,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am dropping my truck off at a friends monday to have him start on it. The cam and headers should be done by Friday. I am hoping to get some time off to get a second set of hands on it to get it done faster but we will see. Once iall that's done its off to the dyno for some tuning. We shall see!

·
High and Tight!!!
TrailblazerSS
2,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am hoping to be around 380-400 with my mods. I am looking at ported intakes and throttle bodies right now. The dyno will tell all.

·
High and Tight!!!
TrailblazerSS
2,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cam is in after 3 hours of fucking off. Another few hours and the valve springs will be on. Then I will have a first startup video... starting again around 5 tomorrow evening.:biggrin2:

·
Premium Member
06 RWD Whitey
6,023 Posts
Sweet!!
We would have a nice run against one another...

To bad they changed the meet here to a weekend that all the tracks are going to be closed!!

Maybe NATS!?

·
High and Tight!!!
TrailblazerSS
2,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
WTF??? If the track aint open i am going on the 13th either here or in dallas... im making a pass this year lmao.

·
Resident NIP
06 SS Trailblazer
4,326 Posts
I want a cam :(.

·
High and Tight!!!
TrailblazerSS
2,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Took about 3 more hours to get it done.... one spring at a time... but anyway here is the first video. Still on stock manifolds and on my boltons tune. Headers are in the back hatch and the tune is coming soon!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlXpx-aHEDI

·
High and Tight!!!
TrailblazerSS
2,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Also this is thru manifolds, a 5x8x18 magnaflow and the stock resonator with a cat delete haha. :biggrin2:

·
Registered
2017 Cadillac Escalade ESV & 2017 F150
140 Posts
ABOUT FUCKING TIME!!!!!!!!!!:asshole:
:coolthumb:
Its still gonna be slow haha:kissass:

1 - 20 of 68 Posts