Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, new guy here. 27 recently married in the Air Force and Stationed at Langley here in Virginia (which sucks btw).

Just found the site and like it a lot so far.

I have an 07 Blue 2wd SS with leather but no sun and sound package.
I bought it in June as a B-day present for myself and love the truck as well as the free Onstar for a year.

She is totally stock and will be until I finish paying off the wedding bills. Havent tracked it yet but playing around on some local roads found out that it is just as fast as my friends honda S2K. We were side by side pretty much the whole way up till about 120 when we had to shut down.
So Im pretty happy with it so far but plan on making it faster when I can.

Here is a few pics.. wooohooo Stock glory! :biggrin2:

Anyone else in the 757 area or nearby???

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS (LT Based)
5,977 Posts
Hello everyone, new guy here. 27 recently married in the Air Force and Stationed at Langley here in Virginia (which sucks btw).

Just found the site and like it a lot so far.

I have an 07 Blue 2wd SS with leather but no sun and sound package.
I bought it in June as a B-day present for myself and love the truck as well as the free Onstar for a year.

She is totally stock and will be until I finish paying off the wedding bills. Havent tracked it yet but playing around on some local roads found out that it is just as fast as my friends honda S2K. We were side by side pretty much the whole way up till about 120 when we had to shut down.
So Im pretty happy with it so far but plan on making it faster when I can.

Anyone else in the 757 area or nearby???
You're the one I keep seeing. There are quite a few of us here. I saw you one day leaving the car wash on Pembroke Ave in Hampton, between Mercury Blvd and Woodland Rd. You came out and was going back toward Mercury. I was driving a black one and was heading towards Buckroe Beach. I waved at you and I believe you waved back. Check my gallery and you will see some familiar surroundings.

You should come out to Bass Pro Shop on Saturday nights between 6-10PM and you will meet a few of the other guys. You can also check out www.gmsupersport.com. It's owned by two local guys, one of whom owns a TBSS. His member name on here is SSUV2NV.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Welcome to the site and "Thanks" for serving our country. You will love this site, I know I do and I am also new and originally from Virginia. I served with Uncle Sam (Army) in the early 70's.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
most likely it was me and yeah I need to get up to Bass pro this weekend... not sure if I can though might be going to King of the ring in Hampton Sat night.

Hope to meet up with you all soon though, would be nice to know a few SS owners

·
Premium Member
06 Trailblazer SS
1,411 Posts
Welcome! I'll run in to you sometimes. I won't be at Bass Pro this weekend due to this:

But I'll be back out there soon. look forward to meeting more TBSS drivers.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^^^ I take it you know Rich??? Z06 silver vette, nice guy former Navy

How much was the running boards? Im think about getting some.

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS (LT Based)
5,977 Posts
most likely it was me and yeah I need to get up to Bass pro this weekend... not sure if I can though might be going to King of the ring in Hampton Sat night.

Hope to meet up with you all soon though, would be nice to know a few SS owners
It had to be because it's only the second Imperial Blue Metallic TBSS I've seen around here. The other belongs to a guy who lives on Queen St near Hampton High. He had a red SSR and traded it in, on a blue 07 TBSS. Unless you are that guy.

I won't be at Bass Pro this Saturday because I have a ton of famiy invading my house this weekend. Bernie (WBH SS) and I are the regulars but, oometimes several others come too. Last weekend there was probably 200 cars there. Everything from a 1947 Olds with a flathead 8 engine, to an 02 custom C5 convertible corvette with the most awesome paint job you will EVER see on a Vette. http://www.gbvette.com/ The coolest thing about that car is, Gary the owner is a really nice guy and he does all the work himself.

Since neither Bernie nor I will be there this weekend, I hope we see you next weekend.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome to the site and "Thanks" for serving our country. You will love this site, I know I do and I am also new and originally from Virginia. I served with Uncle Sam (Army) in the early 70's.
Thanks for the Thanks..lol

Where you at now?

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It had to be because it's only the second Imperial Blue Metallic TBSS I've seen around here. The other belongs to a guy who lives on Queen St near Hampton High. He had a red SSR and traded it in, on a blue 07 TBSS. Unless you are that guy.

I won't be at Bass Pro this Saturday because I have a ton of famiy invading my house this weekend. Bernie (WBH SS) and I are the regulars but, oometimes several others come too. Last weekend there was probably 200 cars there. Everything from a 1947 Olds with a flathead 8 engine, to an 02 custom C5 convertible corvette with the most awesome paint job you will EVER see on a Vette. http://www.gbvette.com/ The coolest thing about that car is, Gary the owner is a really nice guy and he does all the work himself.

Yeah, I have met him at a Vadriven meet. He is a nice guy with a cool car.
No Im the SSR guy..lol Before this I had a Mazdaspeed3 and before that I had a G35 bought off Rich who I mentioned before.

·
Premium Member
06 Trailblazer SS
1,411 Posts
^^^ I take it you know Rich??? Z06 silver vette, nice guy former Navy

How much was the running boards? Im think about getting some.
I went to the parts department at Hampton Chevrolet, and they had them in stock! P/N 12498552, list price $359.00. Put them on by myself in the driveway in the dark with a flashlight in less than an hour. All the bolts and mounting brackets are included. This was the first week I got the truck.

Oh yeah, I know Rich! Nice car and fast! He will show up at Bass Pro from time to time. I often drive the Vette or ride the Harley down there, too.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I went to the parts department at Hampton Chevrolet, and they had them in stock! P/N 12498552, list price $359.00. Put them on by myself in the driveway in the dark with a flashlight in less than an hour. All the bolts and mounting brackets are included. This was the first week I got the truck.

Oh yeah, I know Rich! Nice car and fast! He will show up at Bass Pro from time to time. I often drive the Vette or ride the Harley down there, too.
Yeah he told me to keep an eye out for you. I hope I see you up there sometime.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Thanks for the Thanks..lol

Where you at now?
City of Angels (Los Angeles) Got tired of hot, humid weather and came out here a long time ago to enjoy the sun, surf and all the nice cars.

·
Premium Member
1,414 Posts
One free, easy, ESSENTIAL mod is to take those GM badges off the sides!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts