Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not the type of racing I like but had to take the way I could get it! A Viper turned left in front of us from a light and got on it.....couldn't pass up the chance!! So, followed him hoping for a clearing as he turned onto a local freeway. By the way, knew we were going to get our asses handed to us but wanted to see how bad! Anyway, as he started onto the on-ramp, of course he goosed it and I followed suit. Believe we suprised him a bit, as we stayed with him. He then pulled into the right lane allowing us to come along side of him. Again, got one of those goofy ass looks....."what the f**k is that?" From 80mph we started and of course he pulled us but only by 2 to 2 1/2cars. So not sure if he got all the way into it or not, but if he was, not to bad for a SUV huh! Not real up to date on these cars but appeared to be a newer one but could be wrong there as well, white with a black convertable. So someone else get with one of these things and see if we are correct!!:dunno:

Sorry Joe, know what we said, about waiting till the HP arrived and all but DAMN, couldn't let it pass by! Besides, only rapped to 5,000rpm not 6,300.......lol

·
Premium Member
8,576 Posts
Sounds like you were having fun with it. There was a new Viper at QualComm when I was there and he was running about 3 tenths faster then my times. He wasnt having the traction issues I did. I never got a chance to square up with him. Word was that he goes down there all the time so I will try to get a run with him next time with the Drag Radials on.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So are they about an 11 sec car? I know my buddies dads is an older one, has numerous mods done to it, and yes......it RUNS! but curious to a stock new one what they might do? Good lookin cars as well!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
One of my favorite street races of all time was when I beat a Viper with my '89 S-10 Blazer. We were sitting at a stoplight and HE revved at ME, but I was ready with the DR's on. From 0-120 I had him by about 1 length, and then he shut it down (just when I thought he might start gaining). And he had his girl with him.:rofl:

Good race spddmn! Those things would blow the doors clean off my TBSS. At least you made a good show of it.:coolthumb:

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD 3SS
8,588 Posts
I used to beat them badly in my 79 383 vette, surprised they weren't faster than they are.

·
Registered
06 TBSS 2wd
247 Posts
Caught a stoplight race against a guy in a brand new Viper. I was on my way back from the track and had spent some time talking to him about his car there. He was really cool, even let me get in it to check it out, but honestly couldn't drive it for shit. Anyway, I was pulling him through 2nd gear until I had to back out of it because I was starting to get a little too sideways. He didn't like that very much at all, immediately exited and took the interstate home. I'm sure he would end up beating me in a longer race, but that was fun regardless.

·
Registered
07 1SS
963 Posts
Yup, they do start making ground pretty quick.. i raced PowerAdders GTS coupe, Tune, Cai, No Cats car. I hung in untill about 80ish, whenever we drop 3rd, then he would start to pull on me.. Now I know I can go pick on the stock ones around town!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts