Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2008 TrailblazerSS
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search but couldn't come up with anything.

I have a 2008 TBSS with factory nav and factory overhead DVD unit. Is there anyway of being able to view what is playing on the DVD unit from the nav screen? I know on aftermarket units, all that is needed to be done is grounding the parking brake wire.

I don't want to drive and watch movie's, but my kids get on my nerves when they say something isn't playing and I can't just get into the back.... lol

Thanks for any help!

·
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
Best bet.. Get a flip down tv or the cheap ones at walmart that go on the back of the head rest and get Flo TV it's 200 bucks for the unit and 10 a month for the service. It has a bunch of channels and there going to have NFL ticket on there and it's included with the 10 bucks

·
"whitey"
1,206 Posts
I did a search but couldn't come up with anything.

I have a 2008 TBSS with factory nav and factory overhead DVD unit. Is there anyway of being able to view what is playing on the DVD unit from the nav screen? I know on aftermarket units, all that is needed to be done is grounding the parking brake wire.

I don't want to drive and watch movie's, but my kids get on my nerves when they say something isn't playing and I can't just get into the back.... lol

Thanks for any help!
I too have a '08 with factory NAV, I am using this and a after market roof mounted DVD (11" monitor). I do not know if the factory DVD has a video output for this to work

·
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
Factor NAV will NOT play DVD's , the 07 and up tahoes and suburbans can play DVD but that's because it's a completely different unit

·
Registered
2008 TrailblazerSS
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know you can have the sound come out of the vehicle by the factory nav, so I wondered if you could have the video show. On my new Town and Country if I am not moving I can watch whatever is playing, but once I start moving it goes to nav.

I had an aftermarket unit in my F150. Navigation and overhead. I could watch anything at anytime. Just had to ground the wire for the parking brake.

Thanks

·
Registered
50 Posts
It IS possible to have a video play on the navigation screen, as long as you have a DVD player elsewhere in the vehicle.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts