Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS
8,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious any ANY carrier users have gone from a BlackBerry to an iPhone and would recommend the same?

How about a blackberry vs droid?

And Droid vs Blackberry?

Just curious for some quick thoughts and reason why you switched and if you regret the switch.

Thanks.

-Mike

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD 3SS
8,588 Posts
Better question is why would anyone switch to an iphone when the carrier already has one of the most advanced phones on earth, the Samsung Galaxy S?

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS
8,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Better question is why would anyone switch to an iphone when the carrier already has one of the most advanced phones on earth, the Samsung Galaxy S?
Haha, I expected to see you post that here :) no mention of the 'better screen'? ;)

I agree if something is better/advanced I'm all for it. This research is for the wife....for next year's phone. I rock on with my BB Tour until I can switch to a Droid.

I went to a Droid x. Had a BB before. The Droid smokes the BB!
Does that one have a keyboard? How do all of the Droids rank? I know the first had a keyboard, but shit they are like laptops now--so many to choose from.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,012 Posts
Droid X for sure. Havent had a problem with my DroidX thus far, but ive only had it 2 months. Ive made it 4 days on battery life but i was barely using it.
Ranking It would be DX, Droid2 and then the Droid incredible (by HTC). The Droid incredible has the better screen the whole screen is l.e.d's or somthing like that, and is more resistant to glare. The droidx and D2 are both mobile hotspots, meaning if you have a laptop nearby it can recieve internet through the phone. The D2 is a slider phone and has a built in keyboard. The incredible and DX are both touchscreens so the keyboard is built in when you want to type something on a site like TBSSowners or Facebook if your into that sort of stuff.

·
The Lurker
TrailblazerSS 06
13,844 Posts
Haha, I expected to see you post that here :) no mention of the 'better screen'? ;)

I agree if something is better/advanced I'm all for it. This research is for the wife....for next year's phone. I rock on with my BB Tour until I can switch to a Droid.

Does that one have a keyboard? How do all of the Droids rank? I know the first had a keyboard, but shit they are like laptops now--so many to choose from.
No keyboard........I'm not sure how many apps are available (a shitload) the touch screen is flawless (and very LARGE) I've only had it a few days, but I could see how much more advanced it is compared to the BB, instantly!

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,681 Posts
i went from blackberry storm to droid x its sooooo much faster plus the apps are awesome. youll find more apps with the iphone but the droid x is pretty freakin awsome!

·
Premium Member
2,779 Posts
Since I have owned Doids, BB's and iPhones..I shall comment

I had the moto droid, incredible, and X. They were all great phones, the Android OS is FANTASTIC, they arent the best phone for a business person, but they will get you by with the built in gmail app.. If you need an Android phone I would suggest one with a keyboard as there onscreen keyboard arent the best, IMO. If your set on a touch screen android, go with the Droid X, try the motorola droid2 for the keyboard though (droid1 keyboard was marginal at best)

vs Blackberry...I had the Storm 1 &2, Curve, Tour, and 9650 Bold.. Well the blackberry OS is outdated, OS6 is nothing cutting edge. As you know there push/pull email is great, there keyboards are flawless. The web browser is decent, there cameras have always sucked. The App store is nothing compared to the Androids or iPhones. I wont go on about blackberry as you have one.

Iphone, Ive had the iPhone 1g, and now currently the iPhone 4. The onscreen keyboard is FANTASTIC, blows away any other keyboard I have used that is screen only. Email is great to as you can use an exchange server (which I dont use) or you can setup gmail is you wish. Again as you you know the Appstore is comparable to Androids, I would rate apples better though. Camera is ridiculously good with the new HDR. Web browser, not even compare to Blackberry its so much better, I would give the win to Apple over the Android for web browsing....

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD 3SS
8,588 Posts

So, if you're asking about iphones, why are you concerned about a keyboard, not like hte iphone has it either.

BTW: Sprint's Epic 4G is THE phone to have. (yes, it has a keyboard, front and rear camera, light, etc... too).

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS
8,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I will admit I prefer a touch keyboard.......but am willing to free myself of it too...........

·
Premium Member
2,779 Posts
I will admit I prefer a touch keyboard.......but am willing to free myself of it too...........
Narrow it do what you prefer, Keyboard vs onscreen keyboard. If you MUST have a keyboard then try out the motorola droid 2 (Or keep your BB, but they have a lame ass outdated OS)...If you want a onscreen keyboard narrow it down to the Droid x vs iPhone, iPhone has the multi-touch keyboard.

Use both phones and see how they compare for you.

again thats just OS/phones I prefer, I dont use anything but RIM, Android, or iOS.

·
Premium Member
'07 TBSS 1SS
3,352 Posts
I've got two BB Storms, HATE them, and can't wait until my upgrade in December. Impossibly slow internet. Forget about video. I originally wanted teh iPhone, but after hearing from a few friends about the familiar holier-than-thou and pay-as-you go tech support, I remembered why I swore off Mac products 8 years ago. I'm leaning toward the Google phone or see if a newer Droid hits in Dec. Battery life is important to me along with sizable buttons.

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD 3SS
8,588 Posts
I'm on Verizon
I guess you should stay on top of what network has the best coverage in your area when you upgrade. Right now Sprint is the best in Jacksonville and many other cities, with 4G coverage that totally kicks ass. If you want interoperability with travel use, AT&T and T-Mobile are the most compatible (GSM) but they both have network issues no matter where you go (except for overseas, where their phones work well).

I like sprint based solely on cost, my bill is $60 each month for two phones, and I have unlimited data on my primary phone and 750 minutes with 6:00 PM starting nights free and weekends free. I switched off of Verizon just because they were so much more expensive. But: I do fear that when I finally upgrade, sprint will try to force me into another payment structure... so all of this cheap stuff may be irrelevant soon.

·
Resident Asshole!
2007 Tahoe
3,708 Posts
They can't force you to upgrade, such as the common misconception with ATT's new data plans.... If you refuse, they MUST keep you on the old unlimited plan.

We played with a Torch the other day, and the employee's all had Torches for the company cell, and various others for personal... And, I will say this. The one girl had it next to her droid 2, and she swears the torch is much, much better. She did seem very knowledgeable about cell phones, and impressed me.

I'm contemplating sprint when we move to fl, which also means I only get one more upgrade, so I'm gonna have to weigh out ATT's lineup well!

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,274 Posts
Verizon has been saying this since late 09...Apple has been the reason for the delay because of att's contract but it would be nice! Had BB's now I self a Driod! :).

1 - 20 of 21 Posts