Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been tryin for the last 20 mins to get these damn vents out the bumper so i can get them painted black,can someone give me some tips on removal :dunno: thanks

·
Registered
TrailBlazerSS
665 Posts
i did it with the bumper on, i used about 4 flatheads and pried them in there got them all loose, it sucked massive ass and i thought they would break. Took me about 45 min per vent and a bloody hand. They come off, it just takes some force.

·
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
Tape around them and paint um

·
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
:cheers1:

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,550 Posts

·
Registered
TrailBlazerSS
665 Posts
ya, that would suck ass to prep that with them in the bumper, plus overspray. By the time u mask off ur entire vehicle, you could drink a case of beer and be done with it

·
Premium Member
07 TrailblazerSS Imp
9,386 Posts
RETRO & I have done it on both ours when we did the chrome mesh replacement. You just need a couple flat screwdrivers and pry the tabs from the "slots" that they are inserted into. Take the lower valance off first then do it, its much easier.

·
Premium Member
'07 3SS AWD
1,841 Posts
RETRO & I have done it on both ours when we did the chrome mesh replacement. You just need a couple flat screwdrivers and pry the tabs from the "slots" that they are inserted into. Take the lower valance off first then do it, its much easier.
Just the valance, or the bumper too?

·
Registered
136 Posts
I had mine painted black and just took them off again to repaint them. I left the front bumper on to remove them. Actually i had it up on a lift which made it a little easier. But it basically took a long ass time to get them off, just had to get all the tabs loose then yank it out. Go from the bottom up, that made it easier for me.

·
Supra collector
TrailblazerSS
216 Posts
to make it easier take the bumper cover off,warm up the areas where the tabs go through,I use a very slim flat head screw driver I ground down to free up the tabs in slots while prying,but heating up helps alot

·
Premium Member
2008 AWD
1,207 Posts
Are they plastic?? Assuming they are.

What are you guys using to paint them?? I would like to have them powdered (I know a few places can coat plastic now), but that depends on price.
Wanting to do this soon.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts