Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2006 TBSS
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

This weekend, I replaced my fuel level sending unit on my 2006 1SS.

As part of that process, I disinfected the negative battery terminal. After reconnecting the battery, I noticed that only the floor and defrost vents will work now, depending on what setting the knob on the HVAC is set to. The dash vents do not work on either side

I have done some reading about the HVAC mode actuators, and know that they have the tendency to fail after battery disconnect. What I have not read is exactly how to get to this actuator and/or repair this issue.

I have the analog dual zone HVAC controls. Can anyone help me? Its supposed to be 108° without the heat index today! I have to fix this ASAP.

Sent from HTC Glacier running CM 7.1 RC1

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
8,343 Posts
its a pain...but i did it in a couple hours. took alot more than i had to off. its under the dash kinda by the gas pedal, but up and in the center of the console. i went and bought the part to know what i was looking for before i started. started taking the dash off enough to see under there and saw the mode door actuator. hope this helps

·
Registered
2006 TBSS
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Which parts of the dash did you have to remove to get to it? Yes, thank you for your help! Do you happen to know what the part number is??

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
8,343 Posts
honestly, it was last year. cant remeber how much of the dash. look up part number in tbss parts section or contact greg a.k.a twotonsoffun. just start taking it apart till you can get at it...from the floor

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,512 Posts
Which parts of the dash did you have to remove to get to it? Yes, thank you for your help! Do you happen to know what the part number is??
This happened to me also last year it's pretty easy. Just a little time consuming. What I found easy was to pull off the knee board under the steering wheel, along with the panel that holds the diagnostic port. I want to say a 5 or 7mm socket/nut driver.
Then your fairly close to the actuators (you might have to contorted yourself in the right position). There are 3 total you what the the actuator in the middle it has a white gear on it and its fairly close to the gas pedal. Just make sure that the new mode actuator you get clock the mode door with the gear on the actuator it self. Mine now shoots a little on the floor when it's blowing out of the vents

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
06 AWD SS
4,200 Posts
Find a very small EXTREMELY strong person and have them climb up there and do it. I did mine a few years ago and was honestly considering just taking it in and paying for it to be fixed since it was such a pain in the ass and it took me a few hours to get it right. Once you learn to see with your fingertips you're halfway there. If I remember correctly you don't have to take the knee bolster off but I'm not positive.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
140 Posts
part number is GM 89018675 lists for 77.92, i get parts at cost from GM, cost is 38.96 42.17 w/ tax. mine recently went out when i changed the battery.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts