Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well fellas, i ordered my kooks long tubes, slp exhaust, and volant CAI... thinkin real hard about gettin a vector motorsports tune. anyone have one or can anyone give me a lil input?

big rob

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS
1,061 Posts
I like mine but..................... they seem to have issues when releasing newer products. You'll often have to wait extended periods of time, and you'll be at their mercy since the tune is locked.

I waited months for their CAI, a while for their HSRK, and now forever for the efans. Did I mention I bought efans from them three weeks ago and still don't have them? I like their tune, but if I had to do it over again I'm not sure I would go with them.
________
IPAD GUIDES

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS AWD Modded
13,311 Posts
I like mine but..................... they seem to have issues when releasing newer products. You'll often have to wait extended periods of time, and you'll be at their mercy since the tune is locked.

I waited months for their CAI, a while for their HSRK, and now forever for the efans. Did I mention I bought efans from them three weeks ago and still don't have them? I like their tune, but if I had to do it over again I'm not sure I would go with them.
:iamwithstupid:

I like everything that has been done, but I HATE the locked Tune I now feel at their Mercy for everything!

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS 3SS
17,596 Posts
I have probably ran more canned tunes than anyone. I have tried 11 different tunes from 3 people. ADM, Westers (Tune Tyme) and Vector.

Vector was the only company that was able to provide me a tune that did not have excessive KR. But like Darkside said, they have a hard time getting products to market.

But in the end, Vector was the one that got me the best tune. That said, I think you should consider PCMforless for a tune. If I was buying a tune, thats probably what I would do.

Have you actually ordered your stuff? If not, you should consider a IEATSRT8 intake instead of the volant.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Pass on the Volant intake...they have Major fitment issues...get one from someone that stands behind their product. (They don't)
And as for the tune unless you live near the shop that locks tunes (Vector isn't the only one) you might want to think twice about that too...being the more you mod the more changes you need to make to the tune (or should anyway) cause if you don't while changing the parameters of the motor you may just dent a piston or two and you won't get the full benefits of the mods.
I am not pushing one tune or another just a couple of things to keep in mind there are people that sell tunes that are not "locked"
one other option is to buy a second set of ECM and TCM and have them tuned...cuts down on "down time" and you can slip the stocks back in in case of needed warranty work.

:2cents:

·
Registered
210 Posts
whats wrong with the volant intake?

·
Founding Member!
2012 Ram 1500
5,053 Posts
It does not fit right and causes more problems than it is worth and Volant will not help you out...

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea i have all the stuff on order, where can i get the ieatsrt8 intake?

·
Registered
998 Posts
i'm happy with my vector tune. i dont like it being locked either, and they do have a problem with their time frame on releasing new products

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS
4,834 Posts
If you haven't yet.. be sure to check us out.. There are quite a few vendors who offer tuning and you should look to see what each offer.

I feel that we have a lot to offer like our fan kits which go with programing well and they are priced reasonably.

We also offer the option of having the tune locked or left open. Default is left unlocked.

·
Registered
06 TBSS 2wd
247 Posts
Another option is a handheld, like the Diablo Predator. I think it was ADM that was offering to do a custom tune via the Predator if you bought through him, plus then you have the valuable tool that a handheld can be. I used mine to tune my turbo truck and have been VERY happy with the results.

·
Premium Member
1,267 Posts
I say no to vector due to the locked tune...and bad business practices in general. I have a PCMforLess tune, and I like it a lot. I had a custom Dyno tune from a very well known LSx shop by me, and it was good, but it seemed like it was only a WOT tune.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts