Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Call da amber lamps
TrailblazerSS
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everything is bigger in Texas. And apparently now the Vanity Plate fees are bigger now also.

I had vanity plates on my Impala I just traded in for the TBSS.

So I was thinking of possible plates for the Blazer. Well I just got a letter in the mail from the DMV, a notice on increase of prices. I'd normally not be upset, but they went from $85 a year, to $195 a year!! I can't see how they can justify a 129% increase in price. I'm ok with inflation, but not this damn much! I can't see paying $260ish a year for registration and vanity plates.

/rant

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,655 Posts
That's BS, it's $20 application fee for PA then normal registration of $36 a year after that.

·
itsstock
TrailblazerSS
2,859 Posts
in my opinion vanity plates should be more but not much at all. this way everyone will not feel so bad spending an extra $25-$50 a year for a custom plate.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
329 Posts
Been hearing more and more annoying things about texas lately. I used to want to live there, but now its all about Arizona.

Arizona is stealing all of texas' thunder!

·
Registered
Black '06 2WD
172 Posts
I think mine was $46 in Kansas. Love it.

·
Call da amber lamps
TrailblazerSS
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
$85 was already too high. I'm still trying to figure out how they justify $195. I'm getting an email together to send 'em. Gonna bitch my ass off lol

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,864 Posts
dosent sound to bad. colorado dosent even wear a condom when they fuck you.my 3 year old tbss purchased 3 months ago, plates were $398. my seven year old duramax i traded in for the tbss was $310.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,159 Posts
dosent sound to bad. colorado dosent even wear a condom when they fuck you.my 3 year old tbss purchased 3 months ago, plates were $398. my seven year old duramax i traded in for the tbss was $310.
Thats no shit!! $400 for the tbss and $125 for my '78 k10:fu:

·
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
My entire fee for plate and letter and registration is 112.80.. That's custom letters on a police plate that's a 20$ donation to a charity and that's it!! Tell them to fuck off!!

·
Registered
973 Posts
Been hearing more and more annoying things about texas lately. I used to want to live there, but now its all about Arizona.

Arizona is stealing all of texas' thunder!
Screw Arizona too....just move on to Nevada if you're going that terms of thinking.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
52 Posts
in illinois we paid $290 for custom plates.. fucking rip off should of just gotten missouri plates

·
Registered
2008 AWD 3SS
947 Posts
my plates are $95 as opposed to $55 for regular plates :fist:
I'm with you. But I think mine are even a few bucks cheaper since I live in preble county not butler or hamilton county.

·
Registered
973 Posts
in illinois we paid $290 for custom plates.. fucking rip off should of just gotten missouri plates
GD!!! I think both of mine combined are about 320 and I have a 9/11 plate on the GTO and a Route 66 plate on the SS that both say "RUN EM" so.....WTF did you have because I think I have two of the more expensive options for Illinois.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,727 Posts
GD!!! I think both of mine combined are about 320 and I have a 9/11 plate on the GTO and a Route 66 plate on the SS that both say "RUN EM" so.....WTF did you have because I think I have two of the more expensive options for Illinois.
I think it was actually $295 for University of Illinois plates with all letters, no numbers.

Renewal on it is only $138 though I think. Which I'm pretty sure is the same as my GTO custom plates. But yeah, god damn is right.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,278 Posts
Jimmy, I heard that the price will come back down. The reason for the hike in price was due to this screw up. The normal Texas plate had a dark blue background and black letters and numbers. This was a problem for law enforcement at night or in low light. They are hard to read and it was decided to take away the dark blue. The spike in registration will go away as soon as they pay for the blunder.

New Plate

Old plate

·
Premium Member
2007 TrailblazerSS
5,049 Posts
Phew, thanks for the relief Alex. I was looking to get one like yours with BSS at the end, or something of that nature, but THAT is ridiculous. I thought Texas wasn't trying to screw her citizens at every turn like the Fed because of their mistakes. Guess I was wrong.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,278 Posts
Well, they raised the prices of the vanity plates only. That way they did not have to screw everyone. :boff: Vanity plates will be sold no matter what because they figure people who have them have "extra cash laying around". Sucks, but it will not last for long.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts