Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
omartbss
TrailblazerSS
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone cut their rear valance for duals? if so any tips or procedures on how to I really want duals but don't really wanna buy the aftermarket piece thanks in advance

·
Mattmikemark
2006 Trailblazer SS
5,366 Posts
I bought one that was already cut. Don't have a procedure but do have some pics if you think it would help.

·
Registered
2008 Trailblazer SS
60 Posts
Prior to getting the dual rear valance I took the old valance off and took a piece of cardboard and used it as a cut out guide. Then measured the distance where the cutout side sits to have it sit the same on the non cut out side. Used a air cut out tool or I'm sure a sharp exacto knife and time will do the same. Once done took a light sand paper to remove the jagged edges and that was it! Only tip I would suggest is make sure to have a solid surface to secure the valance to when measuring and cutting out to avoid the valance moving.

·
Baller Status
07 TBSS AWD 3SS
654 Posts
I've got my stock valence sitting in a box not being used if you need a spare one to do some test cutting on. PM me and I'll cut you a deal.

·
Premium Member
07 TBSS RWD
1,795 Posts
What color is your truck? I'll be pulling my imperial blue dual valance in a couple weeks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts