Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
LS2 Soccer Mom's Truck
Scion xb...sob sob
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 20 minute drive into work that's mostly highway and as soon as I got on I see a v6 challenger flying down the highway so I'm doing 80 and he catches up to me and starts pacing me. I look over and it's two grown men and the passenger keeps looking at me waiting for me to take off. So he takes off and I decided what the hell..and I gunned it. I passed him at like 110 and I start laughing. So what does he do? He tries again? After the third time he must of got pissed because he pointed at his windshield at his police badge. I point at my badge and flip him the finger. What a fuckin sore loser. Then he tailgates me for like a minute and ricer fly-bys me.

·
WANNABE SS OWNER
Trailblazer SS 2wd
16,025 Posts
That's a good one:rofl: Who in the hell buys a v-6 challenger anyway?

·
Premium Member
TBSS 3SS
1,991 Posts
We don't need no stinkin badges.....:rofl: He was butt hurt obviously.

:rofl::doh: Cool story..

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
638 Posts
Ahhhh ha ha ha.. Thats to funny. Those cars have nothing against the SS, not the V6 anyway. Our local police department went cheap and got a V6 for a pursuit vehicle. Lets just say my 05 Chevy Colorado has just as much HP as the V6, puts it to shame really.

·
Registered
Saab 9-7X Aero (LS2)
157 Posts
I didn't even know they made V6 Challengers. V6 Chargers I can sort of understand -- 4-door family car, looking for some ecconomy. But a Challeger?? Why bother?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
9 Posts
I didn't even know they made V6 Challengers. V6 Chargers I can sort of understand -- 4-door family car, looking for some ecconomy. But a Challeger?? Why bother?
There was the Slant Six Challenger back in the day. Everyone probably thought the same thing then.

·
Old but not Dead Yet!
TrailblazerSS
9,572 Posts
Nice I didn't know they were making V6 challengers either.

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
So ur saying he flashed his police badge at you? What a fuckin bitch! I would never do that EVER.. If I lose I'd be like damn that guts go a quick ride!

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
346 Posts
He should have took the L like a real man and maybe gave you a thumbs up. Flashing the badge because he lost, thats a real bitch move.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
763 Posts
i had that happen to me. it was a chick in a fbody. she didnt like loosing so she flashed the badge at me. good ole chicago cops.

·
Yes... I know I'm short
'07 TBSS 2WD
7,017 Posts
To increase the average fuel economy across the product line, to help meet CAFE regulations... I agree, totally lame!

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS 3SS
17,600 Posts
If course they make V6 Challengers. That was Tony second rental car at the Nationals that he beat the crap out of making 30+ runs !

·
Premium Member
06 TrailblazerSS
4,726 Posts
I have a 20 minute drive into work that's mostly highway and as soon as I got on I see a v6 challenger flying down the highway so I'm doing 80 and he catches up to me and starts pacing me. I look over and it's two grown men and the passenger keeps looking at me waiting for me to take off. So he takes off and I decided what the hell..and I gunned it. I passed him at like 110 and I start laughing. So what does he do? He tries again? After the third time he must of got pissed because he pointed at his windshield at his police badge. I point at my badge and flip him the finger. What a fuckin sore loser. Then he tailgates me for like a minute and ricer fly-bys me.
I had a chick show me here husben fire dept. parking pass, then I showed her my badge and she put her head down.

·
Registered
'07 Trailblazer SS
131 Posts
The vast majority of Challengers, Chargers, Magnums, etc. you see on the road are V6's. If it has a V8 of some kind, it'll have a Hemi, R/T or SRT badge. Just like everyone else, Dodge makes most of their money selling the cheap, base model V6 "secretary" cars to the masses that looks "sporty", but isn't much. Same vein as Mustangs.

·
Registered
'07 Trailblazer SS
131 Posts
Except the mustang v6 is a rocket. Challenger is slow.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
The new V6 Camaros and Mustangs are definitely faster now (~300hp), but I'm not sure they qualify as a "rocket"!

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS 3SS
17,600 Posts
For a V6 they are darn fast.

Compared to a Challenger V6 they are a rocket ! The Dodge is a pooch.

As a matter of fact this is from Motor Trend.

The new 3.7 Mustang a musclecar. Now if you're reeling from the idea of a Mustang V-6 ever being labeled with that word, or if you can't believe how far that meatball just flew from your mouth, chew on this: 0 to 60 in 5.1 seconds and the quarter mile in 13.7 at 102.0 mph. The Hemi-powered 376-horse DodgeChallengerR/T isn't any quicker to 60 and is just a tenth ahead at the quarter. Moreover, the new 3.7 is nearly as quick as last year's V-8-powered GT, which put down 4.9 and 13.5 at 104.2

So for the record they are faster than the TBSS (as tested).

So call them what you want :)

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
I hope Tonys rental at Nats 2012 can actually do a burn out!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts