Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I love getting new parts in the mail, never gets old! Well I know OBX can be a controversial subject, don't want to start a war. Just want to share my experience, I would do the same if I bought another brand. From first look they look great, the headers look good, flanges are flat next to a strait edge. Collectors measure just under 3" inside diameter. Primaries measure 1 and 3/4". The only thing so far I am not excited about is the 2 and 1/2" y pipe. May even bit slightly smaller than the stock piping, will compare when I get the original out. For the price I may eventually make a 3" Y pipe with cats. Here is some pictures and I will let you all know how the install goes when I get to it soon. My TBSS has 100k on it and i'm hoping all the bolts come out ok, got them soaking now.

If anyone wants to see a close up of anything I should be able to make it happen.

·
Whiskey Tango...
AWD TBSS
4,084 Posts
Looks nice good luck with the install!

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,787 Posts
ohhh very nice

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
A little FYI throw the bolts that came with it away and go buy ones that are bigger. Also don't use the band clamp, it sucks. You can get a better band clamp at napa.

I hope the install goes good.

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
how much were they? keep us posted, id like to know how well they fit.
Not to steal from the op. I got mine off ebay. I think it was just under 600 shipped. You can't beat them for the price.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks not quick for the tip, I will keep that in mind. Think I will get GM manifold gaskets too, the ones that come in it don't look to great. I paid $503 shipped from Sparktec motorsports website. Ordered last thursday night and they showed up today (the following thursday). Cant wait to get started!

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
go ahead and get them. Or look around for some cheaper ones. There use to be some for sale on here.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
114 Posts
Congrats on the purchase. Get new bolts and GM gaskets like the others said. I have had good luck with my OBXs.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Going to the chevy dealer tomorrow for bolts and gaskets and need to find some band clamps. Hopefully will get the headers done soon, depends how busy work gets. Want to get my pcm sent out to pcmforless and have them freshen up the tune for the headers and program it for offroad Y-pipe. Woodburn truck drags are august 6th and I really want to have this done by than.

·
Premium Member
07 TrailblazerSS Imp
9,440 Posts
Larry G got his today and is doing his install today and tomorrow. How many of us have the OBX now I wonder? 15-20 :cheers1:

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
I do and love them

·
XPTBSS
TrailblazerSS
4,249 Posts
I made 400rwhp with a cam/obx headers thru the 2.5'' ypipe. Not too shabby....I am running the DEI heat socks and MSD wires and have no issues. I may upgrade them to something fancier this year.

·
I see what you did there
06 TBSS
301 Posts
Love my OBX headers. :biggrin2:

1 - 20 of 92 Posts