Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS 3SS
17,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I already have done the 'loosen the clamp and push down the hose trick". I have e-fans so have more room to play that stock. Has anyone came up with a different hose/neck combo to get the intake off of the 200 radiator degree hose?

I had done the hose trick a while back and just noticed the dealer had changed it back when in for some work. So redid it again today.

There has to be something better than this.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
i wraped my radiator hose and my intake with DEI header wrap. if i run the truck for an hour i can get out and grab the hose and the intake and be able to hold onto them without it being uncomfortable.

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS 3SS
17,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i wraped my radiator hose and my intake with DEI header wrap. if i run the truck for an hour i can get out and grab the hose and the intake and be able to hold onto them without it being uncomfortable.
I have my intake wrapped with Thermo Tec wrap now. Just as a test to see where the soak was coming from. I "think" but am not sure that the temps seems to be more responsive and respond faster which would mean less soak.

But my IATs are still really bad and I know its just not getting cold air.

Thermotec also sells this http://www.thermotec.com/product_detail.php?prd_id=21

Will see if my Ram Air hood helps and if it doesnt I will start working on getting through the washer tank to the brake duct.

That would work but I just cant do flex hose. haha. Its kinda like duct tape in my book.

I bet another GM has a neck that angles different. Course then you still have to mess with hose. But darn as it is, its way too close to the MAF.

·
Yes... I know I'm short
'07 TBSS 2WD
7,017 Posts
What about a wrap for the radiator hose itself. If you have one on it and on the intake that should greatly reduce the heat soak from the radiator hose.

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS 3SS
17,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What about a wrap for the radiator hose itself. If you have one on it and on the intake that should greatly reduce the heat soak from the radiator hose.

Yes, I think that would be a big help.

They have some cool stuff in this catalog http://www.thermotec.com/2007-Catalog.pdf

I am not sure what I am going to do yet. I have a Vector intake now. I am either going to go back to a 100mm ADM like the one I started with, or buy a IEATSRT8.

I think the IEATSRT8 has a little more flexibility with the mandrel bent piece than the Vector. I dont have much room to to jockey the Vector around and get it over the hose. I could be wrong but the IEATSRT8 seems to arch over the hose better.

·
Premium Member
2,643 Posts
:iamwithstupid: Thats a sweet idea. Nick, I should have an answer for you by the weekend. I get my new TBSS on thursday. Going to see if I can replicate what rrmccabe is talking about with moving the hose and adjusting the intake. I'll post back in a little bit with some pics if there is still light out.

Went out and adjusted the CAI and radiator hose. Now there is 3/4" to 1" between the radiator hose and CAI. It does arch over the radiator hose nicely. :) Also moved the black heat mesh on the radiator hose under the CAI then zip tied it. I never noticed how close they were. Took all of 5 minutes. Thanks for the info. :coolthumb:

·
Yes... I know I'm short
'07 TBSS 2WD
7,017 Posts
:iamwithstupid: Thats a sweet idea. Nick, I should have an answer for you by the weekend. I get my new TBSS on thursday. Going to see if I can replicate what rrmccabe is talking about with moving the hose and adjusting the intake. I'll post back in a little bit with some pics if there is still light out.

Went out and adjusted the CAI and radiator hose. Now there is 3/4" to 1" between the radiator hose and CAI. It does arch over the radiator hose nicely. :) Also moved the black heat mesh on the radiator hose under the CAI then zip tied it. I never noticed how close they were. Took all of 5 minutes. Thanks for the info. :coolthumb:
Chris,

If you can post some pics so I can see how to adjust the CAI... Friday night at the track that damn radiator hose was heating up the silicone coupler...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts