Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
making friends daily
07 TrailblazerSS AWD
9,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently kinda called out a buddy of mine (out of spite because he's a mustang lover) to race my TBSS sometime next weekend. He has a newer Mach 1, unsure of year, with intake, exhaust and SCT tune. <-- I don't honestly think I have a chance in hell! Especially after he said; sure, my DR's will be here this week...:fist: I just said that seems unfair. THEN, he gives me the big; you know, I've got a buddy that has a SRT GC.... I poked around a bit and asked if it is modded. He claims it has an intake and exhaust with the factory tune. Then he asked what I have done to the SS... I honestly replied; intake, exhaust and factory tune... What I kinda sorta left out :biggrin2: is the fact that I also have a trans cooler installed (doesn't matter), and a 160 stat, efans, and my spare computers will be here friday or early next week from FMS along with a stage 2 shift kit :dunno: I forgot to mention that... So my question is as follows: do I have a chance?

Jeep SRT8 with intake, exhaust and factory tune
VS
07 TBSS with IEATSRT cai, 160 stat, LS1 efans, Corsa Sport catback, trans cooler, stage 2 shift kit and an FMS tune?

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
U are a liar! The jeep will beat you.. Bone stock they run 13.5 or atleast here in FL.. I wish I had friends with semi fast cars

·
making friends daily
07 TrailblazerSS AWD
9,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
U are a liar! The jeep will beat you.. Bone stock they run 13.5 or atleast here in FL.. I wish I had friends with semi fast cars
Yeah, kinda sorta, at the time I called my buddy out just messin around, I wouldn't tell him the rest. The SRT is a different story though. I don't know him and will be honest about everything I have done. Friends are slightly different but I did tell him exactly what I had done at the time.

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
That's right. U know they arnt tell the whole truth.. I don't.. When people ask 'me.. I leave out the 125 shot lol

·
making friends daily
07 TrailblazerSS AWD
9,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The same friend I called out had a lightning and always failed to mention it had a cold air intake and pulley :wtf:

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,681 Posts
Yea and just like you he could be leaving something out too, and lets face it hes already got an advantage stock vs stock.

·
XPTBSS
TrailblazerSS
4,249 Posts
Mach 1 > you

Jeep > you from a dig

catch the jeep from a roll and you might have a chance.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,781 Posts
Slim chance to none against either one, unfortunately.

·
making friends daily
07 TrailblazerSS AWD
9,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I will be racing the mustang for sure next weekend. I may go ahead and give the SRT a shot as well but don't know. I just hope the SS does well. I'm sure it will be night and day different with the efans and shift kit/servos installed and tuned computers vs stock. I would be happy to keep within a length or so of the mustang to about 100 at least. That should be about the 1/4mi mark... Or maybe it will KILL me. This will be the first race nonetheless. Anybody else drives it and people are always wanting to play. I drive it and nobody friggin looks at it.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,849 Posts
Get a stall and the jeep shouldn't be a problem.:biggrin2:

·
XPTBSS
TrailblazerSS
4,249 Posts
most bolt on Machs trap 105-106 mph which should be about 3-4 cars out in front of you.

The jeep should mph relatively low which would make you a decent run for him from a roll.

·
making friends daily
07 TrailblazerSS AWD
9,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Get a stall and the jeep shouldn't be a problem.:biggrin2:
Next on my 3 step list of mods, Step 2: 1 3/4" LT's, TR6's, wires, FMS 11" converter. Shouldn't be a problem then :cheers1:

·
WANNABE SS OWNER
Trailblazer SS 2wd
16,025 Posts
2wd?

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,787 Posts
Chase you got friends...•

·
making friends daily
07 TrailblazerSS AWD
9,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
most bolt on Machs trap 105-106 mph which should be about 3-4 cars out in front of you.

The jeep should mph relatively low which would make you a decent run for him from a roll.
He claims the way it sits now that it should run about 13.2. I would hope that with everything done to my SS it should run mid 13's give or take. I feel it should be closer than 3-4 lengths.

·
XPTBSS
TrailblazerSS
4,249 Posts
He claims the way it sits now that it should run about 13.2. I would hope that with everything done to my SS it should run mid 13's give or take. I feel it should be closer than 3-4 lengths.
get the mach from a dig then. 13.2 on street tires maybe. With DRs and a good driver he could break 12s.

He could also run a [email protected] while you could run mid [email protected]

3mph difference between two cars is a significant amount from a roll.

·
making friends daily
07 TrailblazerSS AWD
9,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
AWD... I know it doesn't really help but I'm staying optimistic here. 99% says I'll lose either race. I just want it to be somewhat close.

·
making friends daily
07 TrailblazerSS AWD
9,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
get the mach from a dig then. 13.2 on street tires maybe. With DRs and a good driver he could break 12s.

He could also run a [email protected] while you could run mid [email protected]

3mph difference between two cars is a significant amount from a roll.
Luckily for me, I get to pick the race. I suppose I'll make it a dig and hammer down and hope for the best. At least I'll know where my SS stands.

·
Registered
08 TrailblazerSS AWD
70 Posts
you'll need a 3600 stall to hang with the jeep if your AWD there a beast out of the hole

1 - 20 of 30 Posts