Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
97 ws6
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, acouple of you were askin bout it so... this happened the other day and didnt want to say anything yet till the insurance thing was done. I had kids with me and had just taken the Ty for a ride and got done and parked it. I got in my pickup and went over to my mothers house. I get a call from my wife an hour later telling me my truck was on fire. I said What! Your kidding. She had just got in it and drove a couple miles to the eye dr's and as she was pulling into the parking lot smoke started rollin out of the steering column. I didnt believe her and as Im thinking this to myself my pager is going off in my truck saying "Dover engine 2 responding to car fire at halpern eye care".................... I said GTFO....No freakin way. So I still think shes playn with me so I start to head to dover and She said " you still dont believe me?" No... Well my buddy the Fire Marshall gets on the phone and says in a laughing voice " yeah buddy, shes done..." So as im drivin I start to get all these calls from the other firefighters telling me the same thing. well i pull up and the truth hit me............its done. From the dash forward was pretty much toast..

yeah, i was pretty messed up about it. It really really sucks. I had so many plans and ideas for her. I started savin up for a forged internals/head and cam and a nice paint job ect. I know she wasnt the cleanest or the fastest but she was mine and i put alot of sweat and frustrations into that truck. anyway heres some pics.

·
Premium Member
06 black awd tbss
5,953 Posts
Atleast it was before you put alot of money into the forged internals, H/C, and paint.

x2... still a shame tho. ive always wanted a ty... hopefully someday ill get me one.

and any word on the cause? possibly battery related being there in the front corner?

·
Premium Member
Bet you cant tell
6,480 Posts
nice parking job

she can be fixed, thats not to bad compared to others ive seen restored.

·
Premium Member
06 black awd tbss
5,953 Posts
nice parking job

other typhoons? or other cars in general?

im sure she could be fixed, but hell have a hell of a time finding that cladding and bumper in good conditions. im not to sure that anyone has after market parts like that for those. thats the bad thing about rare vehicles.

i bet the wiring harness for the computer is toasted as well, and one would think its different from the first gen s10 blazers because of the difference in the motor. i could be wrong tho.

·
WANNABE SS OWNER
Trailblazer SS 2wd
16,025 Posts
sorry man. Those pictures make me want to:barf:

·
Registered
97 ws6
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
nice parking job

Yeah I guess when she saw smoke rollin out of the steering column parkin in between the lines was the last thing on her mind.:dunno: Actually shes lucky it didnt happen on the hwy were she wouldnt have noticed it till a little later and may have lost brakes ect... Its gonna be restored. I bought it back and as I wont be doing the majority of it, 352 will live again.:muahaha:

·
Premium Member
Bet you cant tell
6,480 Posts
Yeah I guess when she saw smoke rollin out of the steering column parkin in between the lines was the last thing on her mind.:dunno: Actually shes lucky it didnt happen on the hwy were she wouldnt have noticed it till a little later and may have lost brakes ect... Its gonna be restored. I bought it back and as I wont be doing the majority of it, 352 will live again.:muahaha:
no shit? - i didnt read that she was driving it. i thought she came outside and saw it on fire. damn

·
Premium Member
Bet you cant tell
6,480 Posts

·
Registered
97 ws6
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
no shit? - i didnt read that she was driving it. i thought she came outside and saw it on fire. damn
yeah, my fault-i left that part out, She had just got in it and drove a couple miles to the eye dr's and as she was pulling into the parking lot smoke started rollin out of the steering column. She ran into get to get help and when they came out it was goin pretty good.. A buddy of mine told me its because someone was pissed off cause she parked like a jackass and they set the fire.:rofl:

·
Premium Member
'06 AWD
5,094 Posts
That sux......but hey if they can rebuild Steve Austin I'm sure you can do the same for Ty 352. GL

Ma'am have you ever seen a cat skeleton in a tree? Exactly it will come down.

·
Willy M'Fn Wonka
07 Trailblazer SS
7,244 Posts
A buddy of mine told me its because someone was pissed off cause she parked like a jackass and they set the fire.:rofl:
Exactly what my smartass comment was going to be....

1 - 20 of 35 Posts