Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When my truck sits for more than 5 hours, it starts up and idles extremely rough. Then when I put in reverse, I can hear the transmission spinning loud. When I put it in drive it clunks into first gear and as I go slams into second. After I go about a mile, I can turn off the car, restart and everything is fine. This issue started 2 years ago, lasted a week and went away. It then did it a year later for a few weeks and went away. It is back and just started to go away. The only time it does it now is if I have to stop short. It stops once I restart the truck. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD - 3SS TBSS
2,617 Posts
Sounds like a dirty Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor, this is common if you get filter oil (K & N) on the MAF...

I could also just be from the MAF being dirty... (This is assuming that there is nothing really wrong with your transmission)...

You can pick up a can of MAF sensor cleaner for $5 at any auto store... MUST BE MAF electrical sensor cleaner...

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
182 Posts
I just went through that with our Avalanche. DVelasco hit the nail on the head I would say. Took me 15 minutes and made a huge difference. I guess it came on slowly and didn't notice until it was a problem. Nice inexpensive fix.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.