Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
KB Twin Screw

Hows 525ftlb's of torque @ 2100rpm and 640ftlb's at 5500rpm sound. Thats with a STOCK exhaust system, cats and stock cast headers. (A tuned LS2 with full exhuast gets 480-510ftlb's at 6000rpm) We will be adding a free flowing exhaust and allowing the engine to breath but needed a baseline to work from for customers with stock vehicles.

:idhitit: Time to pay off the credit card. :notworthy: Fits a ls2 and ls1 from what I've read. Fab work required for the air to air intercooler on the TBSS. Fucking amazing.

·
Premium Member
1,806 Posts
That is a nice looking piece. I'd like to know how big that TB is. It looks to be at least 100mm or more

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS AWD Modded
13,311 Posts
:coolthumb: Holy fried eggs Batman :notworthy:"WOW" I want one!!! I am afraid if I got one I would see more:copcar:

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,401 Posts
NOT LIKE THAT ONE!!!! WOW! I'm ALL WET NOW! The air to air intercooler IS JUST BAD ASS!!!!

WOW! Very nice!

entire kit they said would be over 8000 american dollars. Also who tunes them in????

·
Premium Member
1,806 Posts
My tuner is trying to talk me into a KB charger. After all the transmission problems I've had, I'm just not sure any 4L70 can take the power and the weight and I don't know if a 4L80 conversion is possible or worth it

·
The Worlds my Playground
4,823 Posts
True... But when you shell out 8g's (could buy an assembled warlock 427 ++++), I dont think support is a concern at that point.... lol

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD Red Jewel
1,713 Posts
someone already tried a KB on a TBSS.....notice all there shit is for sale now? I also know of a vet with a KB that has spent its entire life and and out of the shop. Bad news if you ask me

·
Registered
2004 HSV GTO 408ci
7 Posts
The Issues with the KB are due to the intercooling. These blowers are NOT KB kits. We just order from Lyshom the same cores but make our own manifolds and intercoolers.

We currently have 2.2 to 2.8L versions of these and im sure someone smart in the USA could do some air to air intercoolers for your cars as we do sell them as tuner kits.

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
What is the HP and Torque that put out?

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS AWD
31,503 Posts
That's looks HOT! I assume that kit in the picture is on a Holden of some sort right?

I'd like to get a set up like that, but then again I could probably do a twin GT-35R setup for around the same cost as I would be looking at a built shortblock for wither option to be viable.

Edit: Just checked out Voodoo's page. They have some nice induction pieces (manifolds and TBs)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts