Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS awd
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is 10.8:1 cr to high for say 12 to 15psi?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
07 TBSS RWD
1,795 Posts
On the right setup you could get away with it on ethanol. At least I hope so anyway I plan on doing so next season at 10.9:1 lol I'll be be running E98 though.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS awd
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got fresh 402 and with l92 or 317 heads it will put me at 10.8:1 I have no problem running corn

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS awd
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just hoping to hit 675-700rwhp

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS awd
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Holy fuck

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS awd
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bump

·
Premium Member
07 TBSS RWD
1,795 Posts
If you're looking for further validation or info I would get ahold of Matt aka LT1Z or Joe with LC32 since you'll probably end up getting your blower through him anyway.

·
Premium Member
1,711 Posts
Shouldn't break a sweat with E85. Higher compression helps a TVS be able to keep IAT's down by not spinning the snout out of them and getting great power.

Prime example right here on 93: http://www.tbssowners.com/forums/track-racing/[email protected]

And I think the guy you just bought your trans from (Brent) has a JS 2300 with 10.5ish IIRC.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS awd
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok I'll shoot him a text

·
Premium Member
07 TBSS AWD
2,178 Posts
Saw the PM saying "hit me up". Figured I'd post in here.

My setup was a forged 402 at 11.3:1 on 93 and 100% meth. Ran 10.5psi with a 2300.

Plenty of people on here said it couldn't be done but I trusted my tuner at the time. Truck ran very strong and was still going strong when I sold it in May.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS awd
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Did you upgrade to 8 rib or run 6rib pulleys

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS awd
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Alright sounds good

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS awd
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Calling joe Saturday he currently in Mexico lol

·
Premium Member
07 TBSS AWD
2,178 Posts
I was still on a 6 rib and didn't have any belt slip issues. New owner said first thing he wanted to do was an 8 rib setup but I haven't heard from him.

Nukemss clear some PMs, I tried to PM you back.

·
Banned
18,856 Posts
You'll be fine with meth on pump or corn.
I hate to agree with this guy....but yes youll be fine. Maggies love some compression.....Theres a reason guys with low compression setups never seem to make anywhere near what they think they should or thought they would. Maggies need to be mid to upper teens to work right on these trucks IMO.

I was running 15PSI at high 10's compression and at the end even had 17PSI pumping out....But not sure if that's what killed last motor, even though I think it was the meth leak we had on the dyno rocked the bearings with DEtonation and started the process.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,481 Posts
I plan on a 2300 down the road. I'm currently at 11-12 psi on my 1900 with stock compression and forged rotating assembly. I plan on maxing out a 2300 since I already have the 2.7 pulley and 8 rib setup on my 1900. I also plan on running 93 with no meth. Hopefully it'll take it as mine is a daily and not a racetruck. Will only be every now and again that I actually floor it

·
Premium Member
1,711 Posts
^^^ Bad idea on 93 with that compression, just because it's forged doesn't give you a get out of detonation free card. You either need the meth for the added octane or run on corn for the octane. BTW, just because you have meth doesn't make it a racetruck by any stretch, you want to play a little harder then you have to pay a little more. I know for the $6-800 investment into a meth kit is a much better idea than having to rebuild a motor.

FI + Octane = Happy motor

1 - 20 of 28 Posts