Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
161 - 180 of 188 Posts

·
Registered
07 AWD 3SS
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #161 ·
Im gonna call dave tomorrow- technically he still has a week to be on schedule so i can’t pester too much. Gotta pick up the heads some time this week. Some stuff came in from Jet Hot, man; worth every penny. Thats the off road 2000 in titanium grey. They look new.! Loads of stuff to do while the short block is built, about to cut a hood tomorrow. This vent is gonna look badass i think…. Spent about 2 hours tryin to line that up lol
Car Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Green

Automotive tire Grey Automotive design Road surface Asphalt

Hood Green Automotive lighting Bumper Automotive design

Gesture Grey Glove Tints and shades Art

Automotive lighting Hood Street light Black Automotive tire

Automotive tire Gas Automotive wheel system Auto part Glass

·
Registered
07 AWD 3SS
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #162 ·
As far as the interchiller situation-

I don't get the feeling any progress will be made for the next few months at least, I've greased the wheels with my credit union for refunding the ~1400 for so to my account, unfortunately being told 'still waiting on the welder' with no foreseeable dates, so hey is what it is, rules of the game in this world. I knew I had a chance of this happening goin in the this particular part based on multiple forum experiences etc, so it is what it is, should have the money back in my account in about 30 days.

all good tho, worth a shot anyway.!

·
Registered
'07 3SS 2WD
387 Posts
Wish we could easily get E85 here in Az.

·
Registered
07 AWD 3SS
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #166 ·
Well i drove by 2 stations that supposedly have it near my house, and they actually have it regurlary so thats good. Ya looking at the map, not very common out there, i am lucky to have that locally. im sure the shelf life sucks, so gonna need to think about that, right- cant just fill up on e85 and come back 2 weeks later and expect same same octane, i would think. Im not sure but the storage life/half-life has to be muuuch shorter with e85

·
Registered
07 AWD 3SS
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #167 ·
Lots of differences in timing between an E67 running the LH9 (flex, VVT 5.3) in the 2010 colorado vs the E67 running the LS2 on the 07 TBSS, makes sense, interesting the difference in stock options which are disabled tho. All the alcohol/e85 timing stuff is different in the LH9 file, which makes sense, compared to the LS2 (obviously non flex), which makes sense, but the 'disabled' for flex fuel in the LH9 has me curious. Buuut this has been done before so I know it works (adding e85 to the TBSS E67), just curious about the tune file difference, eh nbd. Looks like there's more to it than just enabling that in the TBSS file, like adding all the timing stuff among other things but cool
Azure Rectangle Font Parallel Software

·
Registered
07 AWD 3SS
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #168 ·
prolly need to turn this on also. HPTuners forum really helps out, goes without saying but ya I should be good to go, I did email PCM of NC to update my paid for tune with adding flex capability, I'm just kind of seeing whats in there. Pin goes in from the flex sensor on Blue (C1 56 pin) #5 to the ecm from the looks of the ol innerwebs, so we'll go with that, Probably need to enable this also.
Rectangle Font Parallel Magenta Logo

·
Premium Member
Sold
6,076 Posts
Prolly buy one of the glowshift e85 gauges w/ wideband, run both widebands, 1 for gas and 1 for e85
I just finished up the install of my wideband yesterday. Filled up on E85 and grabbed a few logs for the tuner today.

It only sat on the shelf for 2.5 years

·
Registered
07 AWD 3SS
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #173 ·
whats the deal with this V, this thing looks like a complete monster with the wheel/tire combo- I assume you have a huge blower on there etc? Which wideband did you go with

·
Premium Member
Sold
6,076 Posts
Aeroforce wideband kit with Bosch sensor. I have it wired up for hptuners when logging and display on the Aeroforce gauge when driving.

Black Betty is a forged twin turbo LS with a built 6L90..... cam, stall, heads, Nitrous Outlet kit, 17" Welds with 305 45 17 MT Rs drag radials blah blah blah blah blah.

Full weight luxury car money pit with all the Cadillac creature comforts.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
1,248 Posts
Aeroforce wideband kit with Bosch sensor. I have it wired up for hptuners when logging and display on the Aeroforce gauge when driving.

Black Betty is a forged twin turbo LS with a built 6L90..... cam, stall, heads, Nitrous Outlet kit, 17" Welds with 305 45 17 MT Rs drag radials blah blah blah blah blah.

Full weight luxury car money pit with all the Cadillac creature comforts.
If you ever heard of "big red" you would understand Dave's obsession with power and beauty on his builds..

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bigtuna13

·
Registered
07 AWD 3SS
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #177 · (Edited)
I really should have bought the 20x10s when they were in stock, but i was operating under a different frame of mind then, primarily trying to stay on a budget. Now that that’s been taken care of, i do want those 20x10s but it can wait lol

i did pick up a zzp intercooler pump which seemingly had good reviews, so we’ll see how that works out so nbd.

also made an offer on a 2006 4L85E out of a van, we’ll see how that works out. Not putting any more money into the 70, im takin a page out of kenny rogers’ playbook and folding knowing the limits of the 70 etc etc. run the 70 til it dies then do the 80 swap.

First things first tho, short block is comin together, heads are done, my yella terras should be good with the spring pressure, just under 400lbs for .608 lift, so that ‘should be good’

Gonna go with 11/32 .105/.120 wall pushrods, length tbd obv, getting those from somewhere in stock will be iffy i think, but is what it is

going with morel 7717 lifters, gm trays from the dealer in person

need to buy the glowshift e85 wideband

I dont think this will make enough power to require an -8AN fuel system so thats cool (not goin for max all out, just a juiced up TBSS)

Was successful in removing some dents, but I’ll get the others pulled by a pro

·
Registered
07 AWD 3SS
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #178 ·
It is really impressive what these paintless dent removal people can do, I don't know shit about bodywork but I had a guy remove about 20 door dents/dings from the rig this afternoon, spent 500 bucks but worth every penny. looks perfect, I still can't believe it tbh. all kinds of special tools, pretty cool. I'm in the wrong line of work, these dent guys make a killing lol.

·
Premium Member
'08 Silver TBSS
4,616 Posts
Don't give up on the 4L70E yet. If it's built by a competent trans shop they can live a long time. Mine has lived behind my Maggie at 615 rwhp for 3 years now without an issue. I had mine rebuilt by Phoenix Transmissions in Weatherford, TX and run a Circle D billet single disc converter.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

161 - 180 of 188 Posts