Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
141 - 160 of 187 Posts

·
Premium Member
'08 Silver TBSS
4,616 Posts
I went with the AEM 30-300 wideband gauge. Super easy to read the digital display. And I agree about the white face might reflect unwanted light.

not sure why Tapatalk rotated the pic, sorry

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bigtuna13

·
Registered
376 Posts
Ive always used japanese branded gauges like defi and greddy. They have been solid for me, aesthetically pleasing and depending on the application the blackout face or peak/hold features have been great for me. Many have low reflection glass too

I had a bad experience with some mechanical autometer gauges in the past a very long time ago and once i went to electronic japanese gauges i never looked back. At some point needles went to TFT style but i cant stand that and i think my brain processes a needle position better than seeing a digital numeric value.

I have never heard of speedhut, but i love all the customizable options you can do! Really sweet.

·
Registered
07 AWD 3SS
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #143 ·
Defi are nice, agreed.!!! Ya I was tryin to match up the OEM style, hope these wirk out mechanically….

Damn; this cutting compound and polish are ridiculous. I mean this is amazing. Damn this sh!t is gonna look good! Dallas paint correction video, thank you
Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Product Tire
Automotive parking light Car Tire Cloud Wheel
Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Wheel Car Land vehicle

·
Registered
07 AWD 3SS
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #144 ·
I do have a few of those heat cracks on the ‘good’ hood but its all gravy. Literally took out every scratch that wasnt down to paint/primer and stain, spot, everything

·
Premium Member
'08 Silver TBSS
4,616 Posts
Ive always used japanese branded gauges like defi and greddy. They have been solid for me, aesthetically pleasing and depending on the application the blackout face or peak/hold features have been great for me. Many have low reflection glass too

I had a bad experience with some mechanical autometer gauges in the past a very long time ago and once i went to electronic japanese gauges i never looked back. At some point needles went to TFT style but i cant stand that and i think my brain processes a needle position better than seeing a digital numeric value.

I have never heard of speedhut, but i love all the customizable options you can do! Really sweet.
So far my auto meter gauges have been solid.
In fact I was glad I installed a fuel pressure gauge. Helped me diagnose a bad Walbro 450 fuel pump that after a few months would only produce 5 psi fuel pressure.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
'08 Silver TBSS
4,616 Posts

·
Registered
'07 3SS 2WD
387 Posts
Wow. Nice.

I just had mine repainted instead of wearing out my elbows....LOL

·
Registered
07 AWD 3SS
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #150 ·
ya no worries, that red jewel prolly looks pret-ty damn sweet with a fresh clear etc.
I tried the dent puller thing, pretty jenky but I think it worked a little bit on one dent, I think it was too cold in the garage this morn, around 35 in and 25 outside, but that's nbd I'll let things warm up and give it another go. de badged everything also, just used a little goo gone adhesive remover, a tad time consuming but it worked well

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
1,248 Posts
Workin on tidying up the gauge wiring, speedhut does a good job with instructions and including the needed stuff, I’m just removing unnecessary daisy-chained connectors etc. I went with the AFR gauge having the aluminum bezel to catch my eye more, but I’m not aure about it, should have went with the white face like the tach, maybe I’ll change that. Arrgh nbd. How are others placing their gauges, any preferences you have on order etc? Curious. I do like how GM does it, right- all gauges are basically pointing the same direction (straight up) when in normal operating range. Kinda difficult to do without clocking these extra gauges all wackatoo like.
View attachment 103497
On my turbo Honda I have the gauges clocked so when everything is normal all needles are facing up, I'll look for a photo for reference.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bigtuna13

·
Registered
07 AWD 3SS
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #152 · (Edited)
i guess it doesn't look too crazy. ya i might do that. ooh pyrometer. snazzy.! ya could be useful, nice addition. too high speed for me tho lol. guess that makes more sense on a turbo setup, but more gauges the merrier imo. i should get dual widebands tbh

·
Premium Member
Sold
6,076 Posts
On my turbo Honda I have the gauges clocked so when everything is normal all needles are facing up, I'll look for a photo for reference.

What does that windshield sticker say?

"No idling" something?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
1,248 Posts
Yeah they have reminders on our inspection stickers, there's another that says, wipers on lights on. But ya save gas should not even be a thought on this board.

·
Registered
2007 RWD TVS 1900, E85, TL headers,
57 Posts
Let me know what Dave at active interchiller says. I sent an email a few weeks ago and haven’t heard back yet. I have everything else ready to install with a new tune just waiting for my interchiller.

141 - 160 of 187 Posts