Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
81 - 100 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
'07 3SS 2WD
333 Posts
im a glutton for punishment lol. I tell you what- when this front diff grenades I'll do that if you get me hardened 2WD output shaft lol

·
Registered
07 AWD 3SS
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
Ya, i gotcha. Naw man I like the AWD. Its just a complete nightmare to maintain, which isnt even the correct term. You’re just fixing and then preppin for the next fix/seal change but it sure does grip well. Plus the cool torsen xfer case

·
Registered
07 AWD 3SS
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 · (Edited)
Made some progress today, drivetrain is goin back in little at a time, pulled off the power steering lines, those are cheap so just replace them. Also ordered a new starter, I broke the old one by turning too hard on the +12 feed cable nut, broke the plastic piece on the solenoid, terminals came loose, arrgh. Eh I should have put some PB blaster on it but the silver lining is it will have a new AC delco exact same PN, uggh 275 bucks but that’s something that honestly im ok with replacing…. if the old one died in 3 mos Id be kickin myself for not replacing it
Also took a few trips to home depot to figure out the bolt size for the bracket that secures the fuel lines to the transmission to the 1 o’clock of the park neutral switch on the side of the trans. It is m6x1.0 10mm shank length. That was conveniently left off when i had the trans installed way back when…. Nbd tho. Oh and it isnt m6x10 on an 07 transmission case, the RPM one must be older. I was using my old OEM 2007 70e for testing the bolts, thats when I thought they might be different, and yes, even the bracket bolts are different on model year trans cases

anyways. Tearin into the harness and tryin to clean stuff, replace busted wire loom retainers, clean grounds, etc etc

-also. Gonna run the RPM trans till its dead and save/plan for the 80 swap. That may lead to RWD, maybe. Could use that in the tahoe, along with the TBSS intake once the shitbox is good to go
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Rim Automotive exterior

·
Registered
07 AWD 3SS
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
My firewall insulation looks like hammered sh!t, im not sure what to do, that part was discontinued last century unfortunately. Any ideas? Take it out and use DEI sticky reflecto stuff?

this stuff

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
206 Posts
The bolt pattern on your bell housing looks the same as the standard old Chevy small block and even the big block. Does anyone know if it is the same?

·
Registered
07 AWD 3SS
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior Automotive tire Auto part

Ya minus the one on the bank 2 head.

Scored huge at the junkyard, they had 6 gmt360s and 2 v8s. Snagged a bunch of rust free stuff. That ps cooler is 200 bucks new arrgh

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
1,212 Posts
Nice score when my p/s cooler rotted out I just replaced it with an aftermarket off the shelf from Advanced auto.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
07 AWD 3SS
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
Looks like the 250 amp stator is the same height/slighty shorter than the TBSS oem stack. That actually works out better.! Evidently this stator has more turns etc than the 145 amp version, so this should be good to go, can’t test it until I get her back together tho. Should be fine imho. New rectifier also, you can unscrew the post with your hand so thats nice. I might just get a new voltage regulator, theyre like 30 bucks

also got new proxes st IIIs on, pretty snazzy lookin
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

Automotive tire Rim Bicycle part Automotive wheel system Gas

·
Registered
07 AWD 3SS
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
road trip today for business- stopped by a yard and grabbed a TBSS power steering rack with 60k miles in it, yesssss
And on the way back I’m gonna grab a black 05 trailblazer hood in order to learn hiw to paint correct as well as serve as maybe a candidate for the ZL1 thing i bought a long time ago. Block arrived in vegas today, also. Heads are being worked on, stopped by there also along my biz trip. Eh it could look ricey and checker auto parts ish if i dont place the vent in the right spot, buuut I do like it. Also the 8 rib clutch pulley shipped from down under today, we’ll see how long that takes . Having a black vehicle helps with the vent- I bought this

Eh im hopin it works out, you never really know until its in the flesh imho

·
Registered
07 AWD 3SS
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
I also have a crazy idea to use thermoelectric coolers on an oversized aluminum heat exchanger reservoir as well as ti change the fluid path from stock, but I need to think through that. Can’t buy these ‘interchillers’ anymore from what ive seen, eh and I dont like running the ac compressor a lot but it does look promising at least from what I’ve googlized with people that have them on their camaros etc etc

·
Registered
07 AWD 3SS
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 · (Edited)
As far as the TEC idea, the wattage in terms of heat transfer just isnt there for the time that the fluid is in the reservoir, so maybe a long flat cold plate, etc, just not sure, i’m still good idea fairy-ing it. They are super inefficient and create a boatload if heat, not exactly what works in this use-case

·
Registered
07 AWD 3SS
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
Chatted with Dave at the interchiller shop in FL. Pulled the trigger on that, 3-4 weeks lead time. Thanks heder

·
Premium Member
Sold
6,026 Posts
I love spending other people's money

Reactions: Mitch808

·
Registered
2007 RWD TVS 1900, E85, TL headers,
46 Posts
Chatted with Dave at the interchiller shop in FL. Pulled the trigger on that, 3-4 weeks lead time. Thanks heder
Don’t hold your breath on that 3-4 week lead time. I ordered one in October. Mid December I emailed him and he said it would ship in less than a week, the parts were at the welder. I’m still waiting. I’m not criticizing the guy just letting you know it may be a while.

·
Registered
07 AWD 3SS
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 ·
Thanks for the heads up, I’ll be diligent on that order in terms of comms.
Ya got the rear upper and lower spohn arms in, new PS lines, the return seal install was a pain. I’m not too sure either one is going to leak, im not feeling warm and fuzzy on those connections even though it looks right etc.
also installed the PML rear diff cover.

You’ve been waiting since october?!?! Unsat

·
Registered
07 AWD 3SS
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #98 ·
The rear susp is supporting the rear of the vehicle now, sits lower lol but I like it. Gotta get the rear DS in and swap endlinks and change brake lines but thats it for the rear

·
Registered
07 AWD 3SS
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #99 · (Edited)
Ac compressor adventure continues. I ordered a sanden exact replacement 3 wire compressor, TRSA12B, from a vendor and they shipped the one for the envoy with a I6 AFTER I had them check and verify they had it in hand, same PN, etc. Then I literally called every day for a week before they supposedly shipped the correct one, talked to the CEO 3x, nobody does what they say they’re going to do ( send me a tracking number, aftually send it out today if you say its going out today, actually call me back if you say you will, etc).
Yesterday a 2 wire trsa12b showed up. Now I need to send two compressors back to these people. I mean effs sake, it isnt rocket surgery ‘vendor which wont be named publicly’. I hope dave the interchiller comes through and keeps his word, we’ll see

·
Registered
07 AWD 3SS
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #100 ·
I think I'm just going to jumper pin c over to pin b on the harness side for the +12v that needs to go to the HVAC control unit to tell it that the clutch is engaged. Been looking at the schematics (nice to have on the forum, thanks). Looks pretty simple to alleviate the 2 pin compressor 3 pin system issue, I'm moving on from the AC compressor adventure.
I did solder up the 250 amp stator to the HD rectifier w/ voltage regulator, I have a 60 watt soldering iron but I used my butane soldering iron, made easy work of that. Just need to slap the original TBSS front half of the alt back in and bolt it together, then slap it on and measure the amp flow from the alt to see if its actually producing the 110-130 or so amps that I think will be required to run the truck at idle with all the fixings on (2x spal main fans, 1x spal t cooler fan, heat exchanger pump, the truck, lights, blower motor, AC, etc). The autocool 85 should help control the fan power draw situation (gradual ramp up versus 6v/12v series parallel instant loads)

81 - 100 of 160 Posts