Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
61 - 80 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
07 AWD 3SS
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Man that stripper method is awesome, hell yeah. Center caps cleaned up nice also with the kleen strip. Looked like dog ah!t beforehand! Nice when something works out lol
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Plant Automotive tire

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
231 Posts
What stripper did you use?!? I tried and had absolutely zero luck. Need to get all my wheels done this winter.

·
Registered
07 AWD 3SS
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 · (Edited)
this stuff right here. worked really well, bought 3 cans for everything you see there

-edit I was raggin on chinese made wheels earlier. cast right into the OEM wheel 'made in china' . go figure haha

·
Registered
'07 3SS 2WD
333 Posts
this stuff right here. worked really well, bought 3 cans for everything you see there

-edit I was raggin on chinese made wheels earlier. cast right into the OEM wheel 'made in china' . go figure haha
Did you use that to take the clear coat off? Mine looks like shit.

·
Registered
'07 3SS 2WD
333 Posts
Ya man worked really good, give everything a coat, wait 15 min, hose er down.!
Hmm.. Wonder if I could do that with the tires mounted.

·
Registered
07 AWD 3SS
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
FIC injectors require some washers (they’re a tad taller), but nbd.
Here are the injectors that came with this kit from Magnuson. I was curious myself. Flex fuel 50pph at 4 bar (stock gm FP). Installed FIC hogs, should be fine with the bigger displacement etc
Product Blue Finger Automotive tire Thumb

·
Registered
07 AWD 3SS
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
FIC 1000s installed pre-shim. Good to go with a .175” stack to let the injector float a tiny bit between the rail and the base.
Automotive tire Gas Power tool Auto part Machine

Food Ingredient Staple food French fries Deep frying

·
Registered
07 AWD 3SS
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
If anyone wants these FF 50s injectors lemme know, you pay shipping and they’re yours- plenty of data on these for HPT/EFILive

·
Registered
07 AWD 3SS
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 · (Edited)
Brake duct cooler fan mounted, waitin to wire everything in but ya easy day NBD. Evidently you install the temp sensor finger tight with some RTV sealing it. Ok roger that. Also- the instructions say to mount the sensor fitting on the lower ‘inlet’ port- im not good with the amount of clearance (like none), so I put the sensor on the upper ‘outlet’ port of the cooler. Ya it may run all the time, im ok with that tbh
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Bag
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Grille Automotive design Bumper

·
Registered
07 AWD 3SS
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
I used the mothers power cone with some wheel polish cream. They look pretty decent but any imperfection really shows up close. Im ok with how they look tbh after 15 years of dings n stuff. Also I only spent about 20 min per wheel on polishing fwiw
Wheel Automotive tire Hubcap Motor vehicle Alloy wheel

Automotive tire Gas Rim Automotive wheel system Auto part

·
Registered
07 AWD 3SS
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
Wow i think those are the original bags. Not bad on lasting this long.! Out for springs eh
Tire Automotive tire Light Tread Black

·
Registered
07 AWD 3SS
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
Yay get to mess with the filler tube again. Its gettin a good douching of lube this time
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Automotive exterior

·
Registered
07 AWD 3SS
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
A little hose to prevent the evap lines from rubbin into a leak against the shield
Automotive tire Grey Bag Gas Fender

·
Registered
07 AWD 3SS
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
Picked up the driveshafts this morn, new U joints, gonna POR-15 them here in a bit, also picked up the front diff after a full rebuild, that was totally grenaded even though I thought it wasnt, nbd tho. Luckily the ring gear and pinion weren't trashed and everything is within spec. Gonna need to take it easy on that lil puppy, but I don't see how that is possible lol. eh is what it is with the front diffs on these things I think

·
Registered
'07 3SS 2WD
333 Posts
Shoulda converted to 2wd while you have it pulled apart..

·
Registered
07 AWD 3SS
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
im a glutton for punishment lol. I tell you what- when this front diff grenades I'll do that if you get me hardened 2WD output shaft lol

·
Registered
07 AWD 3SS
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
gonna give this whole paint correction thing a try, why not. can't be that hard, I have a few weeks before the block returns and its up on jackstands so eh. I bought some OEM SS badges and stuff too, my badges look like ass. not puttin the GM square badge back on tho

Font Tableware Web page Screenshot Software

61 - 80 of 160 Posts