Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
241 - 260 of 289 Posts

·
Registered
07 AWD 3SS
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #241 ·
Not a fan of the valve covers. is what it is. I miss the ol small blocks where you could charge for space. Its just dog shit with the coils tbh

·
Registered
07 AWD 3SS
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #245 · (Edited)
I might put the compressor on, but i think i pulled it out when the engine was still in; i think you just need to insert the bolts into the compressor then wiggle it in there. Or maybe it was attach the bracket to the compressor then wiggle the whole assembly in? Eh its all good

i think thats it until tomorrow morn
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Bumper Automotive exterior

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
1,294 Posts
HOLD UP... Sry to hurt you feelings but scrap your build. See that tiny bit of rust color on the strut tower? Sell me your build half cost (cash of course) and we don't have to make it public..
Ok now seriously my pants fit tight every time I read an update on this.. my wallet lives through you my friend..

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
07 AWD 3SS
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #248 ·
i know i sound like a bitch lol. this build is x2.5 original scope. I think we call it ‘mission creep’ but i mean fuck it. My pass side header rubs pretty bad on the frame, gonna need to address that sooner or later. New headers yayyy more money FML. I do like the valve covers, i take it back. Had to flip the coil near the booster to clear, no worries tho

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design Motor vehicle Hood

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
16 Posts
Thanks for sharing all the photos and commentary, enjoying your build!

·
Registered
07 AWD 3SS
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #250 · (Edited)
tryin to keep it somewhat entertaining lol

ok i dont think this will fix the problem with the headers but i ordered some speed engineering 1 7/8. If they fit, ditchin the kooks as shocking as that sounds but the shits gotta fit and not rub.

if they dont fit, i’ll return them and plan B it.

I mean I can see things changin a bit with the AFP mounts, but iirc the passenger side was a little scuffed up in that lower frame area when I pulled them off. Eh is what it is

·
Registered
'07 3SS 2WD
424 Posts
I have the 1 7/8" Speed headers. No complaints from the guy who installed them or the guy that swapped in the 402 later.

I have the catless Y pipe if that make a difference for you.

Reactions: Bigtuna13

·
Registered
07 AWD 3SS
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #252 ·
i like hearin that…. You know what this could wirk out rad if they fit better than the kooks. Some header wrap and the black powdercoat would look pretty cool imo. Lil Pepe isnt my DD anymore, not too worried about the header wrap tbh. Would look cool tho and achieve lower underhood temps

·
Registered
07 AWD 3SS
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #253 ·
Beer 30
gauge wiring sucks when you try to do it right. Using some metri-packs i snagged at the yard, fused relays etc. Nbd, drink up, boys! The is it beer 30 yet thread is the best on the forum fwiw lol. Nbd the march continues
Car Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood

·
Registered
07 AWD 3SS
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #254 ·
Also- i realize grabbing metripacks from the yard could be considered as not ‘right’ lol
BUT hey if GM uses them im good with recycling them. I hope the speed headers fit, I really would love not goin plan B but eff it, no brakes on this train

·
Registered
'07 3SS 2WD
424 Posts
Mine is at the body shop getting a few blemishes touched up, otherwise I snap some picks of the clearance for ya.

Not real up set about NOT having to drive my 10mpg ride with premium approaching $7g. Not that my Jeep gets a whole lot better, but at least it drinks 87,,,

·
Registered
07 AWD 3SS
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #256 ·
costco price for 93 is 4.69 right now, im not complaining about that, 7 a gal is rough….

Got the clarksville fastener lines on the rear, gonna wait til i settle this header debacle down to get the front back together. Also painted the calipers, why not

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exhaust Automotive design

Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

·
Registered
07 AWD 3SS
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #257 ·
In other news, thats the 2019 silvy calipers/rotors on the tahoe(4 pistons and latger diameter), big texas gm wheels, no spacers, not sure if anyone is a gmt800 guy, happy saturday
Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Locking hubs

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Land vehicle Automotive side marker light

·
Registered
07 AWD 3SS
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #258 ·
PML deep pan on, gotta pull the rear bracket bolt to swing it out a bit but nbd. Little weight reduction through the frame lol. Gettin that fixed when shes runnin nbd
Sleeve Collar Automotive tire Silver Wood

Vehicle Car Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood

·
Registered
07 AWD 3SS
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #260 · (Edited)
Speed engineering 1 7/8 are good to effin go. Clear nicely with AFP mounts, what a relief. Passenger side header on TBSS. What a pain in the ass but she’s done!! Nobody likes plan B haha

-12pt arp header hardware is totally worth it. A flex head 10mm ratcheting wrench and no more crow’s foot 6 pt bs. Every bolt head can accept the diameter of the 10mm flex ratcheting wrench. For anyone who cares nbd

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bicycle part Automotive design Glove

10mm spacer between the blower and head to ‘insulate the blower’ do not fit. Whatever
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hood Grille

241 - 260 of 289 Posts