Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
221 - 240 of 289 Posts

·
Registered
07 AWD 3SS
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #221 ·
Actually, I just installed the RPM belt and the tensioner looks like its about 30%. Might work. We’ll see, i read this belt stuff can become pretty interesting but nbd

·
Registered
07 AWD 3SS
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #222 ·
anyone ever threw a starter on an engine that’s on a stand? i kinda wanna make sure it builds pressure before i drop it in…. prime it through the test port and then connect the starter to power to see if it builds pressure without the spark plugs in. does that idea sound sound

·
Registered
'07 3SS 2WD
424 Posts
I have a stand that I built specifically to run Honda J series engines on. Uses a VW bell housing and adapter plate. It's low to the ground though. Not sure I'd want to do it on a regular engine stand.

·
Registered
07 AWD 3SS
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #228 ·
ya I went for the in pipe probe, it was 45 bucks but I mean at this point, right... ya it just seems the band type sensor is a little too problematic tbh

so are you using the autocool right not, Mitch? Which setting is the knob on out of curiousity (obviously it will be different for everyone's config)?

You using the big FSR rad etc? whats your cooling setup like
@Mitch808

·
Registered
07 AWD 3SS
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #229 · (Edited)
So my setup has the 10% OD and as of right now 3.3” pulley, with 10mm spacer (pictured) to try to fight off heat soak a bit-

the stock K061098 belt and 8 rib rpm belt (previously mentioned) are definitely too short.
Just posting these numbers because they’re not posted on Gates’ website/length lists and available through rockauto/oreilly since evidently napa stopped carrying these non standard sizes.

i’m getting the tensioner percentage use (zero being no tension applied, 100 being fully exercised) from some mustang forums where guys were/are running green and rpm belts and tryin to figure all that out, fwiw

RPM (30% tensioner, not stretchy)

K081092RPM
K081102RPM
K081110RPM
K081145RPM

HD Green (70% tensioner, stretchy)

K081092HD
K081099HD
K081102HD
K081124HD
K081131HD
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood

·
Registered
07 AWD 3SS
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #230 ·
Extra 10 mm of height helps out for the rear steam stuff, so that’s a little silver lining there.

and fwiw the stock maggie manifold bolts are
M6 x 1.0 x 65mm Reduced Head bolts

need m6 x 1.0 x 75mm RH, found a joint, should be here soon

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Bumper Automotive design

Automotive tire Hood Light Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
16 Posts
I can confirm that running tensioner at 70% with RPM belt isn't good as I snapped one on my 2300. Then I read the directions and some Mustang sites and backed off to about 50% and haven't had any issues.
Also found that RPM belts coupled with Griptec are a good combination and seemed to carry load better than the green belts.

·
Registered
07 AWD 3SS
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #234 ·
Looks like the catch can from PCM will work here, Trick Flow has the bolt holes arranged slightly differently so a little choppy chop but that should be ok

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive lighting Automotive exhaust

Hood Motor vehicle Air gun Vehicle Bumper

·
Registered
07 AWD 3SS
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #235 ·
Also emptied about 3 gal of 6 month old fuel from the tank, that’s easy to do by hookin the battery up, connecting engine grounds with vice grips, watch the starter cable and give pin 13 of ECM C1 12v and that will trigger the FP relay fwiw, just posting that for whoever

221 - 240 of 289 Posts