Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
181 - 187 of 187 Posts

·
Registered
07 AWD 3SS
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #181 ·
I mean it is an RPM lvl6, so I’ll run it till it explodes. Good things come to those who wait! Im on travel for thr next few weeks but 30 may it is on for gettin this puppy on the road! i bought one TFS225 genx head back in jan…. Only one available and luckily one popped up for sale on summit a few weeks ago…. Im not sure how you go from being available in aug one day then 1 in stock the next, but hey whatever lol. Believe me i called everyone looking for these genx 225s a few months ago, glad fate smiled upon me.

went with a texas speed crank, DSS -15cc FX pistons at I think 26 and 24 thou gap iirc, right at 10:1 SCR and less for DCR, crower I beams, ARP 2k, studs, blah blah. so now i have the ported 243s for the tahoe eventually, nbd. Im gladi snagged the genx heads, better head from the get go not to mention thickness etc. shes comin along

also not going with the YT rocker arms, went with the brian tooley shaft mount kit,BTR specifically says they’ll work when I specifically asked about yhe compatability, cam only goes to .608 so nbd. Also 7717 lifters on the way

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Bumper

Rectangle Urban design Glass Automotive tire Metal

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design Bumper

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wheel Automotive design Engineering

·
Registered
07 AWD 3SS
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #182 ·
Also going with a 174 deg t stat, it measures the same as a stock 07 TBSS t stat but want a little extra cooling reserve, eh maybe it will work out vs the 187. I want the normal temp to be 185-190 vs 195-200 and I dont want the fans on all the time, not sure how that will work out but nbd. Its a motorad t stat but the only number on it is 1021, maybe my google-fu sucks but I couldnt find a cross-ref for that t stat
Handwriting Rectangle Font Number Circle

·
Registered
'07 3SS 2WD
387 Posts
Sweet short block...:cool:

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
1,248 Posts
Ever think of selling the 243s?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
07 AWD 3SS
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #185 · (Edited)
I threw them on craigslist for about 10 minutes but then I reconsidered... I might keep them, i'm not really sure. kinda wanna do a 416 NA in the tahoe, those heads would be perfect for it. Keep the velocity up, I like the cathdrals for where I drive, 0-5000 rpm. not opposed to selling them, tho, tbh.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
1,248 Posts
Looking to maybe cam my 08 this summer and freshen up the top end, 150k bought @85k pm me if you have a number in mind. Not sure it's smart to touch my motor but I'm over FBOs. Otherwise sweet build can't wait to see you put some smiles on it.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
07 AWD 3SS
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #187 ·
Sent you a PM Civteck-

in other news-

neighbor has a procharged B15 in an OBS RCSB, sweet rig…. I call it the tornado truck lol. The sound these prochargers make is ridiculous but awesome. Evidently some user error was involved in the tune, he hammered it with the erroneous tune unfortunately, broke ground straps on spark plugs and chipped valves etc.

Big ordeal with the dealer and the GMPP part, right, so its not like a normal service item or whatever, even though he had the warranty blessed off upon, etc. best part is when he had it at the dealer the guy wasnt familiar with LSX block/head stud/fastener arrangement, destroyed 1 head, what a nightmare BUT

the dealer paid for 1 head and he had ti buy the other, thats fair, considering everything.
We cleaned up the damage as best we could on a few pistons, there was some damage to the cylinder wall and im sure compression is down a tad etc but ya. Wow. eeesh almost a 10k longblock ruined, she’s seemingly good as we did our best but ya never know the true extent. B15s are pretty cool. Shot if the casting flash on the lsx ls3 head, i thought that was pretty big but nbd. She runs like a raped ape for the time being
Automotive tire Wheel Automotive design Motor vehicle Alloy wheel

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Rim Audio equipment Automotive design

Light Black Automotive tire Bicycle part Rim

Automotive tire Automotive engine gasket Audio equipment Motor vehicle Rim

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Rim Automotive wheel system Vehicle brake

Light Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Alloy wheel

181 - 187 of 187 Posts