1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
'07 3SS 2WD
533 Posts
That's a big ol' list of fun stuff.

· Registered
'07 3SS 2WD
533 Posts
knocked that out a couple years ago, thankfully... gonna verify with PCM of NC which o ring to run with the melling HV/HP pump/spring combo, I'm willing to bet its red but we'll see.
on another note- I'm this close to just getting the bottom end built out to 402/3,shockingly its difficult to get lead times or even returned calls and emails from various shops, I assume others are having problems sourcing parts like everyone
I had my engine built by a guy in Vegas over the summer. The only long lead time part he had was pistons. He does a bunch of LS basted engines, so he tends to just keep stuff in stock.

· Registered
'07 3SS 2WD
533 Posts

· Registered
'07 3SS 2WD
533 Posts
Did you ask Jason about head studs?

· Registered
'07 3SS 2WD
533 Posts
this stuff right here. worked really well, bought 3 cans for everything you see there

-edit I was raggin on chinese made wheels earlier. cast right into the OEM wheel 'made in china' . go figure haha
Did you use that to take the clear coat off? Mine looks like shit.

· Registered
'07 3SS 2WD
533 Posts
Ya man worked really good, give everything a coat, wait 15 min, hose er down.!
Hmm.. Wonder if I could do that with the tires mounted.

· Registered
'07 3SS 2WD
533 Posts
Shoulda converted to 2wd while you have it pulled apart..

· Registered
'07 3SS 2WD
533 Posts
im a glutton for punishment lol. I tell you what- when this front diff grenades I'll do that if you get me hardened 2WD output shaft lol

· Registered
'07 3SS 2WD
533 Posts
I'm just posting this for anyone who's curious etc, but this is the fan shroud I bought a couple years ago, 13" SPALs are on it, rated for around 1700cfm, probably more like 1300 per in the vehicle, guessing. Which is about 1/4 the original mech fan's flow from what ive read on the forum, so that's interesting, but I think as long as you do the big rad or that crossflow rad, low t-stat, get the fans on early things shouldn't get too hot (this has all been done before/proven obv, I'm just talkin out loud). Its honestly shocking how small/thin the OE rad is, I see why GM put the mother of all mech fans on there.! Also only around 20 amps per fan, probably 25 with the heat.? Maybe the paint will resemble the headers, which should be back anywhere from 17-27 Jan View attachment 103470
As much cash as you're putting into this, why not upgrade the fans from the get go?

After cruising spal's site, they don't make any high CFM 13" fans. Maybe you could make adapter rings to go down to 12" and use these.

· Registered
'07 3SS 2WD
533 Posts
Wow. Nice.

I just had mine repainted instead of wearing out my elbows....LOL

· Registered
'07 3SS 2WD
533 Posts
Wish we could easily get E85 here in Az.

· Registered
'07 3SS 2WD
533 Posts
Sweet short block...:cool:

· Registered
'07 3SS 2WD
533 Posts
You know we're gonna need pics, right? What CR did you end up going with? Think mine ended up being 10.5:1.

· Registered
'07 3SS 2WD
533 Posts
Hit up Jason. See what he thinks.

· Registered
'07 3SS 2WD
533 Posts
I have a stand that I built specifically to run Honda J series engines on. Uses a VW bell housing and adapter plate. It's low to the ground though. Not sure I'd want to do it on a regular engine stand.

· Registered
'07 3SS 2WD
533 Posts
I have the 1 7/8" Speed headers. No complaints from the guy who installed them or the guy that swapped in the 402 later.

I have the catless Y pipe if that make a difference for you.

Reactions: Bigtuna13

· Registered
'07 3SS 2WD
533 Posts
Mine is at the body shop getting a few blemishes touched up, otherwise I snap some picks of the clearance for ya.

Not real up set about NOT having to drive my 10mpg ride with premium approaching $7g. Not that my Jeep gets a whole lot better, but at least it drinks 87,,,

· Registered
'07 3SS 2WD
533 Posts
Did you buy those exhaust band clamps, or did they come with your kit? Mine came with U-bolts, and the joints leaked. Swapped to the band type when the engine was out.

· Registered
'07 3SS 2WD
533 Posts
"..sounds fuckin mean".

LOL. Wait until you stab the gas and it down shifts, blower whine until redline!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts