Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Premium Member
Sold
6,005 Posts
I didn't see mention of an oil pickup tube mod / fix listed.

Perfect time to do that and an oil pump swap while it is on the stand.

· Premium Member
Sold
6,005 Posts
I may have missed it but what throttle body, intercooler pump, sticky tire setup are you going with? Have you thought about an extra intercooler tank for added SC coolant capacity?

Decent cam, great flowing heads and exhaust will help keep the heat down. Slap on a Cross Coast Customs (newish owner since Scott passed - RIP) cowl hood on too

I like spending other people's money

· Premium Member
Sold
6,005 Posts
Sounds like you have the headers sorted out. A Doug's guilloutine style E-cut out would be a nice addition if you want to scare the neighbor kids / at the track.

There might be some gains left on the table with the smaller TB. I know that alot of people (CTVS owners) have seen better performance with the 102mm+ tb on the positive displacement blowers like the TVS 1900/2300/2650.

I bought a used Nick Williams 102mm from a local for my twin turbo CTSV build, but after talking to several turbo tuners they recommended staying smallish TB with the turbos. Apparently pushing the air into the smaller diameter helps with turbos ather than pulling the air in on the roots / PD blowers. So I stayed with the port matched LS7 TB on the LS3 intake.

The LS9 and Varimax intercooler pumps are a solid cost concious upgrades. You can be a baller if you went with an expansion tank and a reprogrammed Steward EMP pump or a badass CWA400 pump. Just be careful with your electrical system with the high powered pumps as they ran my battery down EXTREMELY fast with just the key on and not running / on a charger.

Yes the 20x10 rears with 315s are NICE. MT Streets is what I ran on the street. I swapped out to 16" regular trailblazer rims with M&H 275 DRs at the track. They hooked amazing with 18psi.

Good luck on whatever you do with!

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

Tire Vehicle Wheel Car Hood

Wheel Tire Car Automotive side marker light Land vehicle

· Premium Member
Sold
6,005 Posts
On my turbo Honda I have the gauges clocked so when everything is normal all needles are facing up, I'll look for a photo for reference.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
What does that windshield sticker say?

"No idling" something?

· Premium Member
Sold
6,005 Posts
Prolly buy one of the glowshift e85 gauges w/ wideband, run both widebands, 1 for gas and 1 for e85
I just finished up the install of my wideband yesterday. Filled up on E85 and grabbed a few logs for the tuner today.

It only sat on the shelf for 2.5 years

· Premium Member
Sold
6,005 Posts
Aeroforce wideband kit with Bosch sensor. I have it wired up for hptuners when logging and display on the Aeroforce gauge when driving.

Black Betty is a forged twin turbo LS with a built 6L90..... cam, stall, heads, Nitrous Outlet kit, 17" Welds with 305 45 17 MT Rs drag radials blah blah blah blah blah.

Full weight luxury car money pit with all the Cadillac creature comforts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts