Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2006 tbss awd as of right now i just have a jettstram intake and a muffler deleate i am going to be doing a tvs 1900 with in the next few weeks i was wondering what other supporting mods will i need to do any advice helps. thanks

·
Premium Member
'06 AWD
5,094 Posts
Yes with proper maintenance from what I've read and not a shit ton of boost.
Ma'am have you ever seen a cat skeleton in a tree? Exactly it will come down.

·
The Master Baiter
TrailblazerSS
5,414 Posts
My stock trans lasted for 17,000 miles with a vette 1-2 servo and a trans cooler on 7 psi with headers, efans, and thats about it. It never went on me either, held up strong as hell, then I got the 80e /jerk

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea thats what i was thinking im gunna do a stall trans cooler and the tvs 1900 my truck only has 40k miles and is covered under a extended warentee worst comes to worse i put it back to stock bring it back to the dealer :dunno: lol then go for a race trans.
and will i be able to drive my truck safely with the stock tune to my tuner after installing the tvs

·
The Master Baiter
TrailblazerSS
5,414 Posts
When you install the TVS 1900 you send your ECM/TCM into Magnacharger and they tune it for you. Its very conservative, your trans should hold up just fine if you take care of it and dont beat on it on a daily basis.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok cool thanks alot guys one more question whats a good stall to go with the tvs1900 keep in mind this is a daily and i tow a light trailer with my quad on it on occasion.

·
The Master Baiter
TrailblazerSS
5,414 Posts
Call Greg at Phoenix Transmission he can set you up with the perfect one for your application. a 2600-2800 should do what you want it to do.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,797 Posts
I have an 08, 1900, 6lbs of boost with vette 1-2, trans cooler, efans, stock exhaust, 160 tstat. and work with joe(left coast 32) on tuning, but I have hptuners. I reccomend no one else but joe to purchase you tvs through. some of the best customer service I have every had.
I get on it when ever I can. always put it in 3rd when doing so. If she down shifts into first while rolling she has no problems breaking the tires loose.
Eventually I will be doing an 4l80, exhaust (if I can ever find anyone to do it how I want) and 8psi, maybe more.

·
Premium Member
1,146 Posts
It's a little bit of luck and a lot about your tune. I second going through Joe, I have the stock trans and have been good so far as well. You WILL need a trans cooler and servos to help. Keep boost around 6 to 6.5 psi and start saving your $$$.

·
The Master Baiter
TrailblazerSS
5,414 Posts
I installed my own....the kits come with a full color instruction manual. All it takes is a little bit of common sense and it's pie.

·
Premium Member
8,576 Posts
The following is a list of supporting mods needed for stock boost levels.

Required Add-On Mods
LS2 Car Style Throttle Body
Aux Brake Duct Trans Cooler
Transmission Servos

Nice Add-On Mods
LS1 Efan Kit
4" CAI
Headers
Dual Exhaust
2600-2800 (2WD) Converter
3000 (AWD) Converter
Built Transmission

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Me>Matt
6,756 Posts
search the corvette forums or ls1tech u will get a better deal.

sorry to thread jack but is the "stock" pulley the 1900 comes with safe on a stock motor for a while pending u dont abuse it and take care of it or is the motor going to blow at some point no matter wat?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts