Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

TVS 1900 for NNBS Silverado & Sierra 5.3's... $2840 Shipped..!

16K views 63 replies 19 participants last post by  Left Coast '32 
#1 · (Edited)
Great Deal...!

#10 ·
I recently bought a new Silverado as well.. This will be my daily driver (work truck), so the TVS1900 will be perfect for the low rpm torque / hauling factor... TheWRX, If you didn't buy one, I think you should since they are dirt cheap @ $2800 bucks..! :cheers1:

#4 ·
Wonder if the kit couldn't be adapted for the TBSS, with some additional/replacement parts??

#7 · (Edited)
Yeah, I believe they are supposed to be $2800 + shipping next week (3/22), and then they're going to $2900 + shipping starting 3/1.

I've got a few kits coming in late next week, and I do intend on installing one on my TBSS. From what I can tell at the moment, the heat exchanger is going to be a tight fit, but it should work. The S/C assembly (TVS1900 compressor, intercooler / intake manifold assembly) *should* bolt right up, but I guess I'll be the first to know. I believe I'll also need some miscellaneous hoses, clamps, etc etc, but the main components should fit with no issues.

I'm not really an aftermarket tune shop per se (VP of Dynojet during the day), but I went ahead an bucked up to use these kits on a few projects, and supply those local enthusiasts who may be interested in a TVS1900 kit for their project. My wife isn't happy with me right now, she would rather have a new kitchen ;)

#12 ·
I believe it would be AOK on the 06, just as long as you're willing to accept that it's not a 100% complete bolt-on kit. As we all know, there are some quote / unquote 100% bolt-on complete kits that leave a bit to be desired in the aftermarket. Technically they're for these kits are for the "NNBS", or 07+ trucks / SUV's, but I'll find out first hand what the potential issues are.

I'm off to Holland for work, leaving Thursday 2/25 and returning on 3/1 late. The kits should be sitting home when I arrive, so I'll take some "real deal pictures" to share with you all. I plan on bolting this thing to my 2006 TBSS, so I'll have first hand experience with it shortly. Off on vacation from 3/5 to 3/15, so I'll at least get the pictures posted.

If somebody else is willing to dive in, I'll have a few extra kits kicking around.

dwh@dynojet.com

#11 ·
DAMN i got an 08 a couple months ago i wonder what the warranty covers :rofl::rofl:

#13 ·
hey might be interested let me know on best price u can do.

#15 · (Edited)
I'm just as anxious as you. My kits ship Monday, and they're not due in until the following Monday (3/1). An employee at Roush said, "the kit will fit GMT800-900 Trucks, 4.8,5.3,6.0." It's a bit of a gamble, but just as long as I can bolt the blower assembly down, I'll be able to tackle the rest. Since the LS2 has the same "cathedral port 243 head castings" as the 4.8, 5.3, and 6.0, I can't see why it wont work. If someone gets one of these installed before I do, please let me know what you find. As I mentioned, I've got a few of these kits that I'll be sitting on, so if there are a few TBSSowners.com members that are interested, just let me know.

#19 ·
Same Block. Different bores.

#18 ·
I called MagnaCharger directly. They said the unit WILL bolt right on. However, they were not very forthcoming with any more information. Basically told me to bolt it on...and then figure out the rest as I go (pulleys, etc) to determine if they will work.

#20 ·
LOL. Bignose must have a feedback rating of 119 on eBay, currently.

#22 ·
I didn't get one. What is this "bing" cashback deal?

#23 ·
go to microsoft bing. Do a search for "cash Back"

Make an account.

Do a nex search and type in xbox 360.

A sponsor link will come up saying 8% off your buy it now purchase at ebay.

Click that link.

Find the item listed for sale i used keyword "gmc supercharger"

Click buy it now.

Pay via paypal.

In 30-60 days microsofts bing service will send you a check for 8% of the value of the sale up to 200 bucks!

#24 ·
Gotcha. That is good to know, never knew that about "bing."

Nobody else is buying one of those, at that price, you got the last one...lol

#34 ·
Seems like it will work but getting the support is the hard part.

Some things are good cheap. I don't think a S/C is one of those.
Its a Roushcharger, Roush will support the product.. And just because its not a Magnuson product, doesn't make it cheap, its still a TVS-1900 no matter how you look at it..

----

As for the "Pressed Pulley" that the guys on PT.net are crying about, heres your sign..!
http://www.rjmachine.com/pulley.htm

#37 ·
Getting a pulley off a Roush TVS2300 isn't impossible, I've done many. I would say this tool would work fine, and if demand warrants, Justin at VMP can put together a 6 rib version of the "stealth pulley" that's designed for the stock GT500 and Roush / Ford Racing TVS2300. They're 8 rib for those not familiar with the GT500.

http://www.vmptuning.com/store/index.php?p=product&id=339&parent=104

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.