Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 179 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My turbo project is finally getting started this has been in the making for close to 3 months. haha Finally got all the pieces and putting it all in. i will keep you all posted with pics :popcorn3: a dyno sheet later in the week, and hopefully a really sexy 1/4 mile time by the weekend! /jerk lol

Attachments

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,849 Posts
Congrats on finally getting everthing going.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Honestly idk what size. :doh: i had my mechanic handle the turbo. I didnt want to screw up that order. lol The wastegate is 60mm and the turbo is capable of up too 850hp. I over sized every piece to this puzzle. I rather buy things once and not twice. We are tuning down everything. If in the future i do a motor build i have a turbo that can generate some power and all the parts can handle the power also. :D

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's a custom setup. And I'm not running a intercooler. That's why I have the meth injection to cool it down

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Subscribed... + Best of luck! Let us know if you have any questions. Make sure whoever is doing the installation uses thread sealant on everything!

They are bending custom charge piping? Nice!
Do you have any issues with your 5 psi sts turbo setup?

·
Premium Member
07 Black TBSS
6,248 Posts
I just got it tuned this weekend, and on issues yet! I have a very conservative tune with torque management and I'm getting anywhere from 4-5PSI at Colorado elevation.

What are your plans for the return hose and oil pump? I think I am going to upgrade to Nylone Braided hose and AN push lock fittings along with a new Mocal Oil pump. I'm currently using rubber hose, which is OK for now, but not long term.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My turbo doesn't need oil return just water cooler. Self contained oil. I went with that so I don't have to worry about return lines failing. I'm only running 4-5 psi at first then later on bumping it up a little.

·
moar cowbell
Trailblazer
6,426 Posts
My turbo doesn't need oil return just water cooler. Self contained oil. I went with that so I don't have to worry about return lines failing. I'm only running 4-5 psi at first then later on bumping it up a little.
I would also be worried about relying on the meth system to not fail mid boost and running into detonation problems.

although there are fail-safes you can build into that as well I suppose.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have considered that and i haveing a iat break out sensor installed and having it pull timeing as sooon as it senses too much heat

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That's a good idea but were did you tap for your boost guage?

1 - 20 of 179 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.